or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1892

post #28366 of 37396

just hoping to use it with gray trousers with the shirt tucked in for work. so business casual, no tie. 

post #28367 of 37396

should be fine

post #28368 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Dlwgosh View Post
 

Clothing Question: I've got 5 Solid ties in my Hober Shopping Cart (Midnight Blue, Navy Blue, Forest Green, Burgundy, and Bitter Chocolate) 4 Reppe Silk and one Oxford weave ...

 

Ended up ordering a midnight blue reppe and an olive green piccola grenadine. It's hard to imagine either of these as not being something I'll be able to get some use out of.

 

Edit: got an email from David at 3:23 AM Monday morning EST suggesting that for the grenadine I switch from a full Windsor knot to a four in hand and that I shorten the tie by 3". Pretty Cool.


Edited by Bill Dlwgosh - 7/20/15 at 5:26am
post #28369 of 37396
For the economists in the group, I'm attending a presentation on irrationality by Dan Ariely right now.

He is not well dressed.
post #28370 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

For the economists in the group, I'm attending a presentation on irrationality by Dan Ariely right now.

He is not well dressed.

Aw come on, now we're behaving like our students in class teacha.gif
post #28371 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

For the economists in the group, I'm attending a presentation on irrationality by Dan Ariely right now.

He is not well dressed.

Interesting. (Not an economist, but I majored in it)
post #28372 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanagi View Post



Aw come on, now we're behaving like our students in class teacha.gif

 



Maybe it was an irrational decision.
Could you liveblog the event from the vector of his attire?
Eagerly awaiting Crocs sighting
post #28373 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

For the economists in the group, I'm attending a presentation on irrationality by Dan Ariely right now.

He is not well dressed.

This is surprising to you? One of the most famous professors in the behavioral economics field wears nothing but tie-dye t-shirts and shorts.
post #28374 of 37396
Not at all surprised, just thought I should tie my comment to the general topic of the forum. smile.gif

Very interesting talk, btw and may have given me a new research avenue myself #BusMansHoliday
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

This is surprising to you? One of the most famous professors in the behavioral economics field wears nothing but tie-dye t-shirts and shorts.
post #28375 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

Not at all surprised, just thought I should tie my comment to the general topic of the forum. smile.gif

Very interesting talk, btw and may have given me a new research avenue myself #BusMansHoliday

Sounds cool - don't want to derail the thread too much, but PM me if you want to discuss further.
post #28376 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Sounds cool - don't want to derail the thread too much, but PM me if you want to discuss further.

Derail the GNAT....thanks for the laugh. This thread has never been on the rails.
post #28377 of 37396
Will do, but I have to pick up my son from camp right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Sounds cool - don't want to derail the thread too much, but PM me if you want to discuss further.
post #28378 of 37396
Thread Starter 

+1 for more Ariely talk. His first book came out a few months after I had stumbled on Thaler's Anomalies series in JEP. I enjoyed it for what it was.

post #28379 of 37396

I peruse other sites from time to time.  One site is doing a shoe collaboration with Carmina.  After hundreds of requests (mostly for boots), Carmina is making one pair of derby's and 4 pairs of boots for the group.  My question is, when did boots (Jodphurs, Jumpers, etc.) become so wanted, and why?  I own a pair of work boots and a pair of suede Chukkas.  I guess I'm confuddled by all of it.

post #28380 of 37396

I wasn't an Econ major but I took every opportunity to see Ariely speak when I attended Duke. His wife is also pretty awesome, if I remember correctly she does Psych or Global Health.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)