or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1873

post #28081 of 37482
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox View Post

X-post because Noodlers feedback = rad

New bag and my love for Eidos is growing

 

 

Antonio is killing it...I love what he's doing with Eidos.  You look great, man.

post #28082 of 37482
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuP View Post


You have 2000 posts and you don't know about this? Everyone knows about my crystal medusa belt (that I usually wear with my gators).


Like, crystal meth? Because, though it's totally out of my wheelhouse, I think you'd need at least 34 inches of tina to have a street value of over a G. Since I wear a 32 belt, I really wouldn't know.

 

More seriously, I like anything in bridle leather with a brass buckle. Equus Leather has some really nice looking ones, though I do not have first-hand experience and haven't shopped around for them.

 

http://www.equusleather.co.uk/belts/bridle-leather-belts/west-end-bridle-leather-belt.html

post #28083 of 37482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Antonio is killing it...I love what he's doing with Eidos.  You look great, man.
Thanks mate!
post #28084 of 37482
.
post #28085 of 37482
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRR92 View Post


I like this question.

I pose the counter-query:

What $1000 belt for jeans do you have in mind?

H
post #28086 of 37482
You know, one avdvantage of going with kabbatz is that they'll be pretty much indistinguishable from Jos A Banks shirts, so no one will suspect you're wearing $1k shirts.
post #28087 of 37482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

You know, one avdvantage of going with kabbatz is that they'll be pretty much indistinguishable from Jos A Banks shirts, so no one will suspect you're wearing $1k shirts.

 

Let it go already! ;)

post #28088 of 37482
Thread Starter 

Next major purchase from Korea is not going to be a BnT.

 

This guy was a very prolific artist. Though some of his pieces go in the 5-10 million range, he also mass produced a lot of stencil art that only goes for 1-2 thousand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whanki_Kim

 

http://whankimuseum.org/new_html/admin/eng_display_info/up_file/136305630886803600.jpg

 

This evening started with "I want some posters of Korean art" and has ended with my wife and I discussing a decently sized purchase.

post #28089 of 37482
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

Probably no quantifiable way, but it is most certainly a real thing.

Obviously, "career suicide" is over the top, but I have absolutely been victim of the "out of touch" moniker for wearing suits to an office where shirt and tie (truly appalling, I know) was the norm. The most galling of it all was that this was supposedly a professional conservative environment lol.

Note: the alligator cowboy boots did NOT go over well there on casual friday!

See and they think YOU'RE the crazy guy… like what's up with this dude dressing all nice and shit. F'ing hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Next major purchase from Korea is not going to be a BnT.

This guy was a very prolific artist. Though some of his pieces go in the 5-10 million range, he also mass produced a lot of stencil art that only goes for 1-2 thousand.

So is that a litho of an original or what? I've never heard of him but I like it... I collect a lot myself. Very cool.
post #28090 of 37482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

You know, one avdvantage of going with kabbatz is that they'll be pretty much indistinguishable from Jos A Banks shirts, so no one will suspect you're wearing $1k shirts.

LOL
post #28091 of 37482
Greetings from Borneo.

One day left here and I'm not scheduled to dive. Really thinking of potentially changing that up. I'm not certified though so it'd have to be a guided one. Hmmm...

Probably the cheapest I'd ever get to do it tbh.
post #28092 of 37482
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Greetings from Borneo.

One day left here and I'm not scheduled to dive. Really thinking of potentially changing that up. I'm not certified though so it'd have to be a guided one. Hmmm...

Probably the cheapest I'd ever get to do it tbh.

 

Which part of Borneo are you on and where are you headed next?

post #28093 of 37482
@Claghorn

If anyone would buy a piece of very blue art, it would be you smile.gif

You could put it in your walk in closet amongst you many blue jackets and ties icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Next major purchase from Korea is not going to be a BnT.

This guy was a very prolific artist. Though some of his pieces go in the 5-10 million range, he also mass produced a lot of stencil art that only goes for 1-2 thousand.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whanki_Kim

136305630886803600.jpg

This evening started with "I want some posters of Korean art" and has ended with my wife and I discussing a decently sized purchase.
post #28094 of 37482
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

Which part of Borneo are you on and where are you headed next?

In Kota Kinabalu. Back to the mainland Saturday, India Sunday, and usa Tuesday.

Two months of travel coming to an end. I don't want to go home.

I wish i could push back medical school a year and just travel.
post #28095 of 37482
@Claghorn I really like that, great pick. I would love to pick up something similar - PM with deets? smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)