Honestly, there were about 214 completely different things. Impossible to summarize. So, so random.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1872post #28067 of 376727/15/15 at 3:56pmQuote:
Mostly (though not entirely):
(1) I asked people how much they would pay for a dress belt. This was last night.
(2) Someone responding by telling us what they would pay for every standard item of clothing. (Guess who.)
(3) Other people followed the lead of the person in (2), above, and among these was someone who claims to be willing to pay more than $1000 for a shirt.
(4) People responded to (3) more or less as one would predict on SF. And kept responding and replying (which is also what one would predict on SF.)
P.S.: in stitches, how much would you pay for a dress belt?
Edit: Upon reflection, perhaps it wasn't last night that I asked the belt question. But it certainly seems like a long time ago ...
Edited by Academic2 - 7/15/15 at 6:08pmpost #28068 of 376727/15/15 at 3:59pmpost #28069 of 376727/15/15 at 4:06pmQuote:
I think its been 11 days since I posted, or thereabouts. Shameful, I know, but I have a lot going on right now. Working my way back tho.
Danke shein for the recap, A2!
To answer your question, I would pay up to $5,000.01USD for any article of clothing or accessory, if it fit my specifications.
Alternatively, Id probs pay 140 for a dress belt if I loved it and needed it. However, Ive never actually paid more than 40 or 50 bucks for a belt, and the one really awesome Farnese from NMWA I have was actually a gift. Go figger.post #28070 of 376727/15/15 at 4:16pmpost #28071 of 376727/15/15 at 4:31pmpost #28072 of 376727/15/15 at 4:37pmpost #28073 of 376727/15/15 at 4:46pmQuote:
I kept reading hoping that somehow we would out Semper as a 14 year old kid from Nebraska that was bored because all of his friends are on vacation for the week. Didn't happen, so now I just want that hour back.post #28074 of 376727/15/15 at 4:51pmpost #28075 of 376727/15/15 at 4:57pmpost #28076 of 376727/15/15 at 5:22pmpost #28077 of 376727/15/15 at 7:17pm
I think perception of how put together you are lies completely in the hands of the person doing the perceiving. Also depends heavily upon the context of your workplace.
I think, at least in the USA, you would get more judgey and envious glances for wearing Ferragomo bit loafers than you would get from wearing John Lobbs or EGs. I've also seen people visibly disappointed when they find out my brown neat tie from eBay is not from Hermes.
Most people I encounter--especially those who are interested in menswear--follow the GQ/Esquire creed as a standard of what it means to be dressed well. Curiously enough, the compliments on my clothes I garner are mostly from women who have style I admire, probably because they have a higher acumen in recognition of quality.post #28078 of 376727/15/15 at 8:16pmpost #28079 of 376727/15/15 at 8:49pmpost #28080 of 376727/15/15 at 8:59pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Japan 53 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Motorcycles 2 minutes ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › GMTO Interest? Carmina Cordovan Wing Tip Boot Rain or Forest Last ... 5 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 10 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 10 minutes ago
- › Multiple Beautiful Bartorelli Napoli Suits -NWT- Updated Daily 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...