or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1865

post #27961 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperexcelsius View Post
 

 

 

Well, thanks for the info. If I need to get a couple shabby-ish suits for the summer I will. Or maybe I'll just have everything made without tags.

 

No tags = bespoke. People aren't stupid. Buy some Jos A Banks suits, and ask LL to use those labels for your suits. Now that would be hilarious. Just hope they don't ask what line it's from or something like that.

post #27962 of 37497

40 plus new posts in less than one hour!

 

I just had a weird thought enter my head. What if Semper is an FBI agent or a ISIS jihadist trying to infiltrate into the world of SF?! Semper, can we see some of your stuff? Like real pictures?

 

Anyways, I had another weird thought enter my head. v This guy guaratees that I am going to like the way I look. So what if I don't like it? Is it a full refund? 3 extra suits for free? Now I feel like I am trolling.

Men+s+warehouse+you+re+going+to+like+the+way+you+look_174113_3086727.png 

post #27963 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

 

No tags = bespoke. People aren't stupid. Buy some Jos A Banks suits, and ask LL to use those labels for your suits. Now that would be hilarious. Just hope they don't ask what line it's from or something like that.

So... fake tags? :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

40 plus new posts in less than one hour!

 

I just had a weird thought enter my head. What if Semper is an FBI agent or a ISIS jihadist trying to infiltrate into the world of SF?!

 

Anyways, I had another weird thought enter my head. v This guy guaratees that I am going to like the way I look. So what if I don't like it? Is it a full refund? 3 extra suits for free? Now I feel like I am trolling.

 

Who wants to join me in the Jihad against the American pigs?!

post #27964 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperexcelsius View Post
 

So... fake tags? :D

 

Who wants to join me in the Jihad against the American pigs?!

 

That's why I like Suitsupply MTM. It fits nicely, but still has the Suitsupply tags. 

post #27965 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperexcelsius View Post
 

Still a few years—I want to spread everything out and try to do it "right" (whatever that means for me)

 

Oh yeah, I was just talking bespoke-wise. I have some RTW chukkas, loafers, beat-around derbies, etc. for school.

 

Probably finance or law

 

:laugh: @ the "'struggling' artist"

 

Probably finance or law?  Semper, are you still in undergrad?

post #27966 of 37497

Zimmerman has time on his hands and a lot of money; perhaps it's him. Anyone read anything about him going back to school. 

 

Which school, George, and what are you studying? Inquiring minds, and all that jazz.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

40 plus new posts in less than one hour!

 

I just had a weird thought enter my head. What if Semper is an FBI agent or a ISIS jihadist trying to infiltrate into the world of SF?! Semper, can we see some of your stuff? Like real pictures?

 

Anyways, I had another weird thought enter my head. v This guy guaratees that I am going to like the way I look. So what if I don't like it? Is it a full refund? 3 extra suits for free? Now I feel like I am trolling.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Men+s+warehouse+you+re+going+to+like+the+way+you+look_174113_3086727.png

 

post #27967 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

 

That's why I like Suitsupply MTM. It fits nicely, but still has the Suitsupply tags. 

Hmmm... so what's a good tag to stick in there? Suitsupply? Black Lapel?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

Probably finance or law?  Semper, are you still in undergrad?

Didn't want to get too specific. Can't a man still use grad school to switch careers these days?

post #27968 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

Probably finance or law?  Semper, are you still in undergrad?

No, he's in an MD/JD/PhD/MBA program..gotta keep those options open.

post #27969 of 37497

I am worried that we're taking away his precious time. Shouldn't George be studying???

post #27970 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

Zimmerman has time on his hands and a lot of money; perhaps it's him. Anyone read anything about him going back to school.

Which school, George, and what are you studying? Inquiring minds, and all that jazz.

I can tell you're extra heated (aside from the posts you're making) because George Zimmer is the Men's Wearhouse guy.

George Zimmerman is the one who killed Trayvon Martin and then had 3 separate gun incidents after that.
post #27971 of 37497
.

double post
post #27972 of 37497

smells like... jealousy.

post #27973 of 37497
I'm now picturing George Zimmer meeting George Zimmerman a la the Dave Letterman bit ...

UMA? OPRAH. OPRAH? UMA.
post #27974 of 37497

I thought that was the Dos Equis guy Noodles.  (I'm trying to do better with the jokes Monkeyface).

 

And Zimmer is no longer with Mens Warehouse.  He is starting a new Uber-like mens tailoing business.  So I guess that guarantee is no longer valid?

post #27975 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudonihm View Post

He is starting a new Uber-like mens tailoing business.

You're gonna like the way you look ... even during surge pricing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)