or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1839

post #27571 of 37395

WAIT A SECOND!

I drink it once a month or so. 

All I was trying to say was that it's so freaking ridiculous that someone would ask to buy a Latissimo and yet still would go to Starbucks.

 

V3 - I knew they were CW. What are you trying to say, that I cannot tell tie vendors just by looking at pix? :lol: 

post #27572 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

I tried combining a green tie with the fresco (mid grey) and I just went back to navy. Just looks so darn good. Shantung is fine with wool suits. Are you going for ConradWu?

 

It all depends on the shade of green, Noodles.  Green can look awesome with a mid-gray suit.

post #27573 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post
 

Second one is great (personal experience), first might be interesting, not a huge fan of #3

 

Thanks! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

I tried combining a green tie with the fresco (mid grey) and I just went back to navy. Just looks so darn good. Shantung is fine with wool suits. Are you going for ConradWu?

 

Those were just the ones that jumped out at me.  I have a couple of Grenadine's from Hober, but don't really know where to look for Shantung's beyond CW and Drake.  That, and I liked the colors and selection at CW.  I also saw these from NMWA.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
0312318.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
0312323.jpg
post #27574 of 37395
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperexcelsius View Post
 

what's your paraphernalia of choice?


Pax

 

:paranoia: 

 

But seriously, anything dark. And no sugar or cream. I'll even drink espressos straight. I only have one or two cups a day. And on Mondays, they are a godsend.

post #27575 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

Anybody here a fan of Nespresso coffee machines? I have the Lattissmo model but I keep finding myself at Starbucks for frapps. :puzzled: 

I also have the Lattissima—I like that you can make a variety of drinks with such ease. I always toy with the idea of becoming more of a snob about my coffee and going ham with some gear and beans, but I figure I have enough vices as is.

post #27576 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 


Pax

 

:paranoia: 

 

But seriously, anything dark. And no sugar or cream. I'll even drink espressos straight. I only have one or two cups a day. And on Mondays, they are a godsend.

A friend told me (:paranoia:) that although the Pax is pretty good, nothing will knock you on your ass like his Crafty.

 

Coffee-wise, though, I meant more along the lines of what you use to make your coffee (or do you just frequent shops?)

post #27577 of 37395

The olive shantung from CW is great (if you were looking for a green tie)

post #27578 of 37395

If any of you guys wanted a second chance at the Minnis 656 (which is no longer produced), you can special order some of the fabric here:

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/503862/minnis-656-houndstooth-flannel-with-no-man-walks-alone/0_50

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post


NMWA is getting some SF-grail Minnis 0656 houndstooth flannel made. We will be using a lot of it for a run of Formosa suits for this fall, but there will be some available for other as well. Here are some pics of the cloth itself: Swatch pics (Click to show)




And a couple of suits made up in this fabric belonging to SF legends: Vox's Steed (Click to show)
iammatt (Click to show)

We will be selling it for $115/m including US/Canadian shipping. Delivery will around mid-July. If you are interested, send me a PM or email david@nomanwalksalone.com.
 
post #27579 of 37395
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperexcelsius View Post
Coffee-wise, though, I meant more along the lines of what you use to make your coffee (or do you just frequent shops?)

 

I just go to Starbucks a lot. Don't even own a coffee maker.

post #27580 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post
 

The olive shantung from CW is great (if you were looking for a green tie)


I didn't see an olive shantung.  You are right that it would have been a nice option, but it must be sold out. 

post #27581 of 37395
Starbucks is the Jos. A Bank of coffee shops.
post #27582 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

If any of you guys wanted a second chance at the Minnis 656 (which is no longer produced), you can special order some of the fabric here:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/503862/minnis-656-houndstooth-flannel-with-no-man-walks-alone/0_50


In!
post #27583 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Starbucks is the Jos. A Bank of coffee shops.

Should we really care, though? :hide:

post #27584 of 37395

Coffee: pour-over using a Melitta filter and ceramic cone. I prefer east African beans with deep, earthy flavors. I'm not a huge fan of the current light, sweet flavor profile, though I'll drink it if well done. /semipretentiouscoffeetalk

post #27585 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Starbucks is the Jos. A Bank of coffee shops.

If they offered three coffees for the price of one, I would go there every day.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)