Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 183

post #2731 of 37654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
 

I started taking protein shakes instead of breakfast and dinner and would eat a lunch with chicken breast and wheat bread. I am trying to slim down for the wedding but I'll be happy if can get rid of this flab. 

 

Protein shakes are good but don't you prefer to eat that protein? :eh: 

 

:lol:

post #2732 of 37654

I looked at what and how many pills I am now taking and I just shook my head...

2 multivitamins

3 fish oil (omega 3,6,9)

4 collagen 

 

I don't do much of cardio besides the 30 minutes of jump ropes. I can't run. I sprint because I think they eats up more of your energy. 

Weights...while 40 lbs might be nothing for some people, I believe it is a bad idea to do curls and bench press with a pair of 40 lbs dumbbells. 

post #2733 of 37654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
 

 

Protein shakes are good but don't you prefer to eat that protein? :eh: 

 

:lol:

I hear it is better to eat protein from natural sources, i.e. chicken breast. 

But thought I just give protein shakes a try. 

post #2734 of 37654
Ok guys, so against my better judgment.

KOPPED x 2



post #2735 of 37654

Did you win the lottery or something?

Dang, sir. Cannot keep up with you LOL

Nice pickup on both. :fonz:

post #2736 of 37654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post



I have a completely different approach on diet and cardio. I don't do cardio at all, never. If you see me running once, you should run too cause something is chasing me. I lift and eat a lot. IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) is the way I do it. I eat Pop Tarts, peanut butter, nutella, pizza and from time to time chicken bewbs and fish. But I put the energy, splitting the calories in the main macros (protein, fat and carbs) and also the micronutrents (fiber, vitamins and minerals) that I need to achieve the goal I have. 

I'm pretty sure I know a few people who approach things that way. Personally, I'm pretty successful at managing my weight simply by managing my ratio of input to output calories. I usually eat about 1000-1500 calories/day at the moment. I'm also not very active right now. I don't have any particular love of cardio, but when I get the chance to work out that's what I do. I have a natural joint laxity that leads my shoulders to subluxate and while I do exercises to maintain them it's pretty hard to make progress. At some point I'll go in and have them operated on to fix the problem, but not right now. I also don't have any particular need to lift at the moment and that time takes away from family and research.
post #2737 of 37654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

Did you win the lottery or something?
Dang, sir. Cannot keep up with you LOL
Nice pickup on both. fing02%5B1%5D.gif

Nah, just selling like 20 pairs of shoes and a bunch of shirts and ties. smile.gif
post #2738 of 37654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post
 

Fantastic paisley...compliments.

 

woohooo, somebody likes it. I guess i get to keep it. Thank you GC!:)

 

 

As for losing weight, if I cut my daily calorie intake by 500-1000kcal, I don't think I could walk a flight of stairs and would probably fall asleep on my keyboard.

What works best for me is very short breaks between sets to keep the intensity up and just lift heavy sh*t with good form. 3-4 serious 45min workouts per week will burn a ton of calories even without cardio. Compound exercises like squats and deadlifts require your entire body to work and therefore also burn many calories. 

Complex carbs in the morning (and at lunch if necessary), plenty of protein throughout the day, no fruit juice, no sodas or refined sugars in general, as little alcohol as possible, only healthy fats and you're good… but everyone is different I guess. 

 

Good luck Rudals, you'll get there!

post #2739 of 37654
@luv2breformed, maybe it is my monitor but those appear to be two grey odd jackets. One is IMO more than enough.
post #2740 of 37654
Quote:
Originally Posted by daDudeson View Post
 

 

woohooo, somebody likes it. I guess i get to keep it. Thank you GC!:)

 

 

As for losing weight, if I cut my daily calorie intake by 500-1000kcal, I don't think I could walk a flight of stairs and would probably fall asleep on my keyboard.

What works best for me is very short breaks between sets to keep the intensity up and just lift heavy sh*t with good form. 3-4 serious 45min workouts per week will burn a ton of calories even without cardio. Compound exercises like squats and deadlifts require your entire body to work and therefore also burn many calories. 

Complex carbs in the morning (and at lunch if necessary), plenty of protein throughout the day, no fruit juice, no sodas or refined sugars in general, as little alcohol as possible, only healthy fats and you're good… but everyone is different I guess. 

 

Good luck Rudals, you'll get there!

Thanks @daDudeson 

 

Let's where I can get to by keeping this up.

post #2741 of 37654
so is this now the excersize thread? O_0
post #2742 of 37654
I do push ups, sit ups/crunches, and walk about 6 miles per day even in winter. I am 6'1 and walk quickly, but not fast. Walking a mile is only like 15 minutes for me so it's not as much as it sounds - 1 mile each way to and from the train to my apartment and then a walk at lunchtime.

I'm 34 and my weight has been 170 for easily 10+ years, and has never been over 175. I'm no expert but I do what works for me since my BP and cholesterol are always practically perfect, too.

Weights will definitely mess with your wardrobe and fits.
post #2743 of 37654

arnold-schwarzenegger-goes-undercover-at-golds-gym-the-brief.jpg

post #2744 of 37654
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

@luv2breformed, maybe it is my monitor but those appear to be two grey odd jackets. One is IMO more than enough.

You are correct, sir. One is charcoal and one is mid gray. I got the seller to reduce the price by offering to purchase both of them. It was probably not the best decision, but I have pants that will work for one but not the other due to not enough contrast. I also remember pingson saying a couple of odd gray jackets were some of his most worn.

I was probably also a bit blinded by the fact that they are both my measurements almost exactly and should fit perfectly. Plus I love the rough fabric and patch pockets.

Overall given what I paid I think they will both get a lot of use. On the other hand, I do find myself racking my brain thinking of what sorts of things I may need to add in order to get maximum mileage out of them. I think those oxblood double monks would be really nice to have right about now.
post #2745 of 37654
Luv, did you see @RogerP oxblood DMs? inlove.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)