or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 182

post #2716 of 37429
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post

Thank you very much for sharing. A shame I am a 40R and that would never work for me but I appreciate the consideration.

 



Look at the measurements. It is very close to a 40r. This might be the italian measurement?
post #2717 of 37429
+1 a slightly generous 40R. Suitsupply's 50 (=US40R) have the same measurements for pip and they call them "slim".
post #2718 of 37429
I'll check P2P on my jackets - I think chest the issue where everything else is a match. Aren't 40R's usually more like 20.5 or 21 in the chest?

For instance, I own the Kent Wang brown herringbone and it's 18.25 in the shoulder and 20.5 in the chest.
post #2719 of 37429

Time to move on up to 40R?

Picture below is 38R. 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #2720 of 37429
It looks tight on you - some pinching at the button. How's it feel? Doesn't seem like there's room to slip a finger in there and tug (tell me that doesn't sound dirty).
post #2721 of 37429

I actually slipped my finger in there and tried tugging real good but...it was really tight. 
I am really not sure why this change has happened. 

My weight is back to normal. The jacket was tight but not to the point where it was pulling. 

Here's a 40R from last weekend. 

post #2722 of 37429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

I actually slipped my finger in there and tried tugging real good but...it was really tight. 

I am really not sure why this change has happened. 
My weight is back to normal. The jacket was tight but not to the point where it was pulling. 
Here's a 40R from last weekend. 

You've been working out, correct?
post #2723 of 37429

40 lbs dumbbell squats

curls with 40 lbs dumbbells

push ups

sprinting

jump ropes

 

I am Oriental so I don't think I'd bulk up that much in just less than a month. My weight is the same. 

post #2724 of 37429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

40 lbs dumbbell squats
curls with 40 lbs dumbbells
push ups

sprinting
jump ropes

I am Oriental so I don't think I'd bulk up that much in just less than a month. My weight is the same. 

Here are your culprits. Your weight may remain the same, but where it is changes with the work you're doing. Specifically, what it looks like is that you've added mass along the shoulder and upper chest. Trust me, it doesn't take a lot. Chris ended up having to completely recut the sleeves on my first suit because I had started playing racquetball. My weight there had actually gone down, but there was added tone and bulk in the chest and shoulder.
post #2725 of 37429

I am trying to get cut and slim down. Looks like I am doing the wrong kind of exercises. 

No big deal but I guess 1 or 2 suits will be on the bench. 

post #2726 of 37429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

I am trying to get cut and slim down. Looks like I am doing the wrong kind of exercises. 
No big deal but I guess 1 or 2 suits will be on the bench. 

For this? Cardio. Lots and lots of cardio. As I understand, reducing your calorie intake by 500-1000 will have as much or more effect than any working out.
post #2727 of 37429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
 

 

curls with 40 lbs dumbbells

 

 

:eek:

 

I use the 20 - 25 lbs. Focus on proper form, Noodles and I prefer to go light on arms to keep my articulations safe in the long term. So light weight more reps, full range of motion and BAM! Big arms!

 

That 40 looks pretty good. I like how it sits in the shoulder. 

post #2728 of 37429
Totally agree on the less weight, more reps, proper form.
post #2729 of 37429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
 

I am trying to get cut and slim down. Looks like I am doing the wrong kind of exercises. 

No big deal but I guess 1 or 2 suits will be on the bench. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post


For this? Cardio. Lots and lots of cardio. As I understand, reducing your calorie intake by 500-1000 will have as much or more effect than any working out.

 

I have a completely different approach on diet and cardio. I don't do cardio at all, never. If you see me running once, you should run too cause something is chasing me. I lift and eat a lot. IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) is the way I do it. I eat Pop Tarts, peanut butter, nutella, pizza and from time to time chicken bewbs and fish. But I put the energy, splitting the calories in the main macros (protein, fat and carbs) and also the micronutrents (fiber, vitamins and minerals) that I need to achieve the goal I have. 

post #2730 of 37429

I started taking protein shakes instead of breakfast and dinner and would eat a lunch with chicken breast and wheat bread. I am trying to slim down for the wedding but I'll be happy if can get rid of this flab. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)