Edited by The Noodles - 7/7/15 at 1:08pm
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:08 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1810post #27137 of 374087/7/15 at 7:43amQuote:Originally Posted by kulata
Changing the topic before this turns into a Formosa bashing session
Navy Blazer Project
Serge or Hopsack
Tobacco brown corozo or metal
3 roll 2
2 patch pockets
Shoulder treatment (see below)
How does one describe the shoulder treatment Sean Connery is wearing above (Diamonds are forever)?
Mother of Pearl or flat silver metal buttons would be better.post #27138 of 374087/7/15 at 7:45ampost #27139 of 374087/7/15 at 7:45amQuote:
2. Standards differ but I know Luxire's is 0.25 inches, you would have to ask for Formosa's. Another possibility is the shoulders are narrower due to a slightly different shoulder treatment
3. No. He went to Jeradpost #27140 of 374087/7/15 at 7:48ampost #27141 of 374087/7/15 at 8:09ampost #27142 of 374087/7/15 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by justinkapur
Quote:Originally Posted by TweedyProf
Well, can I try to change the subject?
Was talking briefly with Mr. Six about Cappelli's which I think I shall try, given the favorable exchange rate and given that my other non-Drake's preferred source (Vanda) has alas raised prices slightly. Given the current exchange rates, it seems a bit cheaper to go with Cappelli for now.
Can I get opinions about ordering on line from them? I see a few styles I like on-line, would opt for a 3 fold to start with, 8.5 cm width. Mostly, I want a knot that isn't too big. Mr. Six also suggests that I can ask about certain patterns that I like but don't see.
Shall I send a pic of my ideal knot, specs and proceed from there? I know Noodle's disliked his so no need to rehash that again. But some of you might have ordered from them on-line (internet) rather than in store. Please advise.
PS, I've posted some pics of those I like in the Grad Lounge.
Some links from Mr. Six there on a few block stripes.
I own a handful of cappellis from Steve at Gentlemens footwear and been happy with them. It's hard when your a shorter guy due to tie length that's why I prefer my vandas.
On his website twill silk ties are custom length, available in 1 cm. increments from 130-154. Longer ties are available with an additional charge.
I’ve got one arriving tomorrow.
Edit: EUR down to 1.09 USD today.post #27143 of 374087/7/15 at 8:17am
Perhaps how this should have gone: Noods has some concerns about a jacket and asks Noodlers for advice. Noodlers tell Noods to contact the vendor he bought it from. Noods does so and has a private conversation about his concerns. Vendor makes things right and Noods comes back into the public forum to talk about how great his customer service experience was.post #27144 of 374087/7/15 at 8:18amI think the true takeaway here is to not air dirty laundry, for lack of better phrasing. It's a lot of money and it's a very disappointing thing to occur, but clearly there were better ways to carry about this.
There may have been a true QC issue with the Formosa suit in question but, as already covered, unfortunately once something is altered the vendor really has no recourse at all.
Anyways - I'm sorry you had this disappointing experience, Noodles.
I also think Greg did a very good job handling his side of the situation and continues to show why his business is doing well and has many repeat customers, myself included.post #27145 of 374087/7/15 at 8:39ampost #27146 of 374087/7/15 at 8:57amGreg handled this well. No Returns usually doesn't apply to items that are not as described and as such I'm sure there would have been an opportunity for a resolution.
Noodles, its a learning experience, you'll be buying suits for decades. Everyone on this board has gone through stuff like this I guess. I'm glad you still have a very nice suit to show for it as opposed to a total bust which many if us I'm sure have had happen in our early days.
Edited by Bill Dlwgosh - 7/7/15 at 1:55pmpost #27147 of 374087/7/15 at 9:01ampost #27148 of 374087/7/15 at 9:11ampost #27149 of 374087/7/15 at 10:46ampost #27150 of 374087/7/15 at 10:54am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 21 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 24 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 30 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL!!!! Foreigners Tell Others How To Run Their Country Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...