Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:18 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1780post #26686 of 373927/1/15 at 1:37pmpost #26687 of 373927/1/15 at 1:41pmpost #26688 of 373927/1/15 at 1:41pmpost #26689 of 373927/1/15 at 1:42pmpost #26690 of 373927/1/15 at 1:43pmpost #26691 of 373927/1/15 at 1:48pmpost #26692 of 373927/1/15 at 1:51pmpost #26693 of 373927/1/15 at 1:53pm
Greg, I have a concern. The Formosa suits pictures on the website have distorted color due to lighting issue or something. For example, I looked initially saw the grey fresco suit, I just saw an ugly suit with some yellowish hew and so I didn't buy it. When @Mr. Six showed me pictures taken in natural(?) light, that's when I saw what it really looked like and placed the order. How are the pictures taken for the website?
EDIT: Okay on second thought, the pix may be fine. I just remember finding the suit really ugly when I first saw it couple months ago.
Edited by The Noodles - 7/1/15 at 2:07pmpost #26694 of 373927/1/15 at 2:05pmpost #26695 of 373927/1/15 at 3:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by TweedyProf
So, looking at ties from NMWA, for discussion (in order of my inclinations)...with a few left out that I plan to buy at some point.
I have the blue/peach version of this one, which is awesome (I like the green, but too close so this one instead)
Here's its cousin
The ones below I can see working with the shepherd's check jacket pictured
A bit autumn so not sure about this knit for summer so probably will drop it from the list.
Like the asymmetric stripes here
The one I'm least certain about, but can imagine working in certain fits (e.g. certain browns). But it's hard for me to picture. The cranberry makes it less garish than full on red, but it is red...
There some greens that I like too.
Pick two, discuss pairings.
Edit: one green
I have the green one. Sport coat pairings: tobacco fresco, blue/navy, and light brown herringbone (waiting for arrival) solids. Also with large scale checks in similar colors. I got it with idea of pairing it with a blue check sport coat, but I'm not convinced the combo will actually work. Suit pairings: grey or navy summer suit or with full tobacco fresco.
I think that rust tie is cool and could actually see it with the sport coat that you posted; navy or brown would work too. I like it's uncommonness and think that Greg makes a great point that even though it's more of a fall color, it lends itself to some potentially neat low contrast summer-y fits.
@The Noodles did you look at all of the photos of the grey fresco suit or just the one that shows up on the suits or Formosa page. I can see a bit of yellow tinge on the latter, but other than that one the individual photos seem color correct to me.post #26696 of 373927/1/15 at 3:21pmQuote:
The darker blue is my favorite.
I buy a lighter blue jacket every ten years and never end up wearing it more than a few times. If I want something different than dark blue I will go with an entirely different color. I'm going to be buying more neutrals and earth tones myself.post #26697 of 373927/1/15 at 3:29pmpost #26698 of 373927/1/15 at 3:35pmpost #26699 of 373927/1/15 at 3:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by GusW
The darker blue is my favorite.
I buy a lighter blue jacket every ten years and never end up wearing it more than a few times. If I want something different than dark blue I will go with an entirely different color. I'm going to be buying more neutrals and earth tones myself.Quote:
I could and definitely see myself wearing both equally however for going into slightly colder months I dont see myself wearing a lighter color. Being in CA we can wear linen a bit more than most places in the country. So I can hopefully wear this jacket almost 3 seasons so having a darker piece seems more justifiable I guess.
I wish I could afford bothpost #26700 of 373927/1/15 at 4:16pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 33 seconds ago
- › Introduce yourself. 38 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 44 seconds ago
- › Single Breasted Peak Lapel Jackets 1 minute ago
- › PAL ZILERI CONCEPT SLIM FIT CHINOS EU50 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway