Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1766post #26476 of 376726/28/15 at 5:03pmpost #26477 of 376726/28/15 at 5:06pmpost #26478 of 376726/28/15 at 5:35pmpost #26479 of 376726/28/15 at 5:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
I really like how Washington fits me. Havana fits me well as well (but the length and lapels keep me away).
I don't know how close they are to whatever base model they use for their MTM.
I believe it's similar to the La Spalla. Anyways, they've got jackets and trousers in every size, so just walk up to them and ask if you could try on a jacket. I'm sure they'd be ok with it. I looked it up and it's called suit up personal tailoring. Starts at EUR469/GBP469 for VBC stuff. They don't take into account exchange rates. Probably hedged their FX risk. My suit was EUR800, because the fabric I chose is quite expensive. All other options are always included.post #26480 of 376726/28/15 at 7:02pmpost #26481 of 376726/28/15 at 7:04pmThread StarterI don't know if I've been had.
My wife and I go to our central library at least once a month. While there, I stumbled upon a Murakami novella I hadn't heard of: The Strange Library. I checked it out, and, sitting at a cafe with my wife, prepared to read it. Before doing so, I ordered it for eleven and change from Amazon. I own all of Murakami's books. I even own books about him, including one by his frequent translator (my translator friend was very happy to know I read books by translators. He feels they are often forgotten. But he also gets paid 2k a month for about 12 hours of work).
I finish The Strange Library in less than thirty minutes. I don't know how much less. Maybe substantially. It was short and had large type. Plus some random, off the wall illustrations.
Now I don't know if I wish I hadn't purchased the book. Probably not. The book may not be worth eleven and change. But having a complete collection is (including the two first novellas he wrote. I got them before they were reissued. I had found some unauthorized translations in Japan in 2009).
The Strange Library was good, at least.post #26482 of 376726/28/15 at 7:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by venividivicibj
Yeah, looks pretty bad.
Justin, maybe you should think about your next commissions in terms of your overall closet? Rather than keep getting ones that look nice (so your closet is more well rounded, rather than a ton of nice jackets, but that all only go with one set of pants)
I agree that there is no reason to buy 1 item to wear with exactly 1 piece in a closet for sure. I remember someone did an album or something with all ties they own so I really quickly and shittyly (yes made up a word) took a picture of all the suits and sportcoats I have in rotation and will post them spoilered here so everyone can see and advise what should be next for me. Give me a few...post #26483 of 376726/28/15 at 7:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by justinkapur
I agree that there is no reason to buy 1 item to wear with exactly 1 piece in a closet for sure. I remember someone did an album or something with all ties they own so I really quickly and shittyly (yes made up a word) took a picture of all the suits and sportcoats I have in rotation and will post them spoilered here so everyone can see and advise what should be next for me. Give me a few...
I'll be interested to see this, if mostly out of curiosity. I wonder if you'll go so far as to add your shoes as you seem to have quite a stable.post #26484 of 376726/28/15 at 7:44pmpost #26485 of 376726/28/15 at 7:52pmpost #26486 of 376726/28/15 at 7:54pmpost #26487 of 376726/28/15 at 7:54pmQuote:
Im in on the tan herringbone blazer suit.
I was thinking of my next jacket to be a DB navy or slightly lighter than navy herringbonepost #26488 of 376726/28/15 at 7:56pmQuote:
Suits dont get worn as often. Thats why I have more sportcoats for sure.
Also in the Ring Jacket thread member sprouts might be getting me a hopsack brown wool sportcoat. Still waiting to hear back.post #26489 of 376726/28/15 at 8:10pmpost #26490 of 376726/28/15 at 8:14pmQuote:
Just like WAYWRN my picture skills suck but I have a solid navy suit. I believe its the last one and then the second suit I posted is lighter than navy. Its a navy/grey or steel blue suit.
I think the gunclubs have linen in them. My formosa is hemp. I hate checks
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 20 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 20 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 26 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 28 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 32 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 35 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 36 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 38 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 39 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...