or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1725

post #25861 of 37497

The suit is a great color and a great addition to your wardrobe, Noodles (your only grey right now is PoW flannel, right?).   

post #25862 of 37497
Thread Starter 

32 seems a bit small actually

 

 

And Noodles...if you don't purchase a jacket from another brand in this same shopping week (is shopping week a unit of time?), 멱살 .......

post #25863 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post


Let's put this to a vote:
Should I get this or not?
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/clothing/suits/minnis-grey-fresco-single-breasted-suit-9-10oz-wool.html

I don't quite know which fabric that is since all of the frescos I've seen have 05xx numbering conventions, but it looks like it could be the 0511 or perhaps the 0512. I have suits in both and they're really lovely fabrics. I can wear them reasonably comfortably here (where the "wind chill", as reported by my iPhone, was 118 on Wednesday) so they should be great for 6-7 months in DC.

Only caveat is that fresco wears a bit differently from smooth worsteds that you're probably used to. It's a little scratchy. Nothing major but could be annoying if you've got very sensitive skin.
post #25864 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post
 

I may have to stuff them like a middle school girl at her first mixer

 

So have you stuffed a middle school girl at her first mixer?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On second thoughts: don't answer that.

post #25865 of 37497
Thanks all for the feedback.
I just placed the order.

Clags, I will order a Lazio or a Hudson from Suit Supply
post #25866 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post

32 looks pretty good to me.  33 has a bit of the Walt diaper butt/billowing in the hamstrings that happens to me and Noodles as well (the only area that Walts are cut generously is in the ass).  

You don't think the 32 rides up the butt and is is too tight in the back?

Where is this diaper butt exactly you refer to on the 33?
post #25867 of 37497
Trying to get pants to fit me like a Murl fit
post #25868 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

Thanks all for the feedback.
I just placed the order.

Clags, I will order a Lazio or a Hudson from Suit Supply

Good work.
post #25869 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuP View Post


You don't think the 32 rides up the butt and is is too tight in the back?

Where is this diaper butt exactly you refer to on the 33?

 

I think I misread the pictures. 32 still doesn't look exceptionally tight to me.  

 

"Diaper butt" is when you have excess material in the seat/upper thighs that causes puddling at the back of your legs.  On second glance, that doesn't seem to be too much a problem with the 33--just a little bit of margin in the thighs themselves.  

post #25870 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post

I think I misread the pictures. 32 still doesn't look exceptionally tight to me.  

"Diaper butt" is when you have excess material in the seat/upper thighs that causes puddling at the back of your legs.  On second glance, that doesn't seem to be too much a problem with the 33--just a little bit of margin in the thighs themselves.  

Keep both?

Besides hem - tailor anything else?
post #25871 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuP View Post

Keep both?

Besides hem - tailor anything else?

I think the 32 a little bit tight. Perhaps there's room to let out?

Completely off topic: writer James Salter just died, so now I'm re-reading a book whose protagonist is called @Cleav (well, written Cleve)
post #25872 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

I think the 32 a little bit tight. Perhaps there's room to let out?

Completely off topic: writer James Salter just died, so now I'm re-reading a book whose protagonist is called @Cleav (well, written Cleve)

Or should I just exchange for a 33 in the hopsack as well and just have the waist taken in like less than 0.5"?

Going into NYC today and maybe be able to get it done today if you guys advise.
post #25873 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuP View Post


Or should I just exchange for a 33 in the hopsack as well and just have the waist taken in like less than 0.5"?

Going into NYC today and maybe be able to get it done today if you guys advise.

That might be a good call.  Certainly the Epaulet team can provide good in-person feedback to confirm.  

post #25874 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

I think the 32 a little bit tight. Perhaps there's room to let out?

Completely off topic: writer James Salter just died, so now I'm re-reading a book whose protagonist is called @Cleav (well, written Cleve)

Captain Cleve, no less!
post #25875 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

 

I'm waiting for a thread to show up on the forum titled 'Good Kop / Bad Kop' where potential purchases are put to a vote.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)