or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1676

post #25126 of 37396

This is a good time to apply old advice here: stay the course (have a plan and stick with it).

 

I've three summer ties on my wish list. The wu ties are tempting, especially the green and brown schappe silks. 

 

But stay the course...

 

the rest of you, carry on.

post #25127 of 37396
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

@Claghorn: How may ties do you own?


That I consider wearable by SF standards? Probably around 100. Though only 40 get any real rotation. The rest are either a) attractive ties that I struggle to wear but still really like b) ties that are very similar to something else I own that I like slightly more, and thus will not see much wear as I'll generally go to the other piece, but you never know, so I'm keeping it.

 

If you expand it to ties that I wear at least once a year, it'll probably jump to about 70.

post #25128 of 37396

I thought it might be somewhere around 100. Similar to me, though I suspect that your collection is much more on the higher end than mine. Ever consider doing a gallery of all of them? I'd be very interested to browse.

post #25129 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 


That I consider wearable by SF standards? Probably around 100. Though only 40 get any real rotation. The rest are either a) attractive ties that I struggle to wear but still really like b) ties that are very similar to something else I own that I like slightly more, and thus will not see much wear as I'll generally go to the other piece, but you never know, so I'm keeping it.

 

If you expand it to ties that I wear at least once a year, it'll probably jump to about 70.

Claghorn's tie count will take a big hit this September. 

post #25130 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

Claghorn's tie count will take a big hit this September. 


I'm so uninterested in the relationship that you two have. lol

post #25131 of 37396
Clags you rock a tie daily?
post #25132 of 37396
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuP View Post

Clags you rock a tie daily?


I never rock ties. That sounds like it would be pretty damaging to a tie.

 

I wear a tie very often in the fall, winter, and early spring. As it summer encroaches, a tie gets worn less and less. By mid June, I'm in shorts, boat shoes, and polos with random exceptions.

post #25133 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post
 

 

Agreed.  I almost never reach for my green garza fina because it's too bright.  I think green grenadines should be a deep forest, garza grossa, or both.  

Thank you for responding.  The Wu tie is described as a forest green garza grossa.  I have a fina and I agree, it does seem too bright, that is my reservation - it must be a deep but not-too-close-to-olive dark green for it to work. Hmm, still undecided, but your experience validates my thought process, which in the spirit of trying to learn this stuff is a small victory in and of itself.

 

Clags,

 

I tend to wear more navy suits than grey, but I do have a few grey.  This has been very helpful, thank you all.  I am going to hold off on the blue neat an roll with the brown and the green schappe.

post #25134 of 37396
May I ask people's thoughts on this tie?

post #25135 of 37396

Not good.

post #25136 of 37396
What is your tie knot of choice?
post #25137 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuP View Post

What is your tie knot of choice?

http://www.blacklapel.com/thecompass/ask-a-black-lapel-stylist-how-do-you-tie-an-eldredge-knot/

Everyday.
post #25138 of 37396


not sure if trolling...

 

 

do either a four in hand or a double four in hand

post #25139 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post
 


not sure if trolling...

 

 

do either a four in hand or a double four in hand

He must be. No way he's not because he has 1,800 posts

post #25140 of 37396
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)