@TweedyProf What is "true northern lights"?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:12 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1671post #25052 of 374826/2/15 at 3:11pmpost #25053 of 374826/2/15 at 3:12pmpost #25054 of 374826/2/15 at 3:12pmpost #25055 of 374826/2/15 at 6:50pmpost #25056 of 374826/2/15 at 6:52pmpost #25057 of 374826/2/15 at 7:02pmpost #25058 of 374826/2/15 at 7:23pmLooks like you might (possibly, again kinda hard to see all the details in the photos) have an issue similar to the one that I deal with on every jacket:
My shoulders are A) very sloped (which isn't too big of a deal, and B) "pitch" forward, meaning that usually the front of my shoulders push forward into the sleevehead/seam, causing those nasty dimples or divots. There's some pretty helpful threads here explaining how this can be accounted for by a good tailor, but the only solution I've been able to afford (at least with RTW) is to size up to a 42/44 depending on model, and pay for the tailoring/alterations to get the rest passable.
Don't know if this is possibly part of your issue, but there is definitely an issue with the shoulder(s). I'll try and find the link and post it here in an edit for the shoulder divots.
edit: link: http://www.styleforum.net/t/151698/divot-terror
Edited by TexJake - 6/2/15 at 8:23pmpost #25059 of 374826/2/15 at 7:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by TweedyProf
Hard to tell anything about fit from those pics, but the jacket might be a bit tight. Is that a patterned shirt, glen plaid pattern? That won't get much love here.
I do think the color scheme is rather not spring/summer. It's dark, very gray. I'm fine with dark grey trousers, but really feel them to be a fall/winter look. So, your combination color and texture wise seems out of season (but would be fine in colder times). Maybe still cold where you are?
I'd also prefer more contrast between bottom and top (go with true northern lights, if wearing those trousers). My two cents.
Thanks. Cold wet dark day in NYC, so colors and textures weather appropriate. It is a glen plaid light blue shirt, didn't realize that was frowned upon. I dont see it as much different than a check blue, but clearly I am missing some context. Jacket does look tight, I agree, that may br my leaning back trying to take the photo.thanks again for your thoughts.post #25060 of 374826/2/15 at 7:34pmpost #25061 of 374826/2/15 at 7:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by WillingToLearn
Thanks. Cold wet dark day in NYC, so colors and textures weather appropriate. It is a glen plaid light blue shirt, didn't realize that was frowned upon. I dont see it as much different than a check blue, but clearly I am missing some context. Jacket does look tight, I agree, that may br my leaning back trying to take the photo.thanks again for your thoughts.
Nothing wrong with a glen plaid shirt, considering that you combine it with solids.
If you only want to wear stuff that nobody on SF frowns upon, you'll be wearing a navy patch pocket sc, light grey flannels and a brown grenadine every day.
Edit: I'm looking forward to hear David Reeves' comments too. I like the bespoke stuff that he posts, but if this is what his MTM gets you...post #25062 of 374826/2/15 at 7:46pmpost #25063 of 374826/2/15 at 7:48pmpost #25064 of 374826/2/15 at 7:59pmpost #25065 of 374826/3/15 at 1:41amQuote:
Thanks, Claghorn. Yes, that is what I meant. My Vandas are also 7-fold. I feel they are to light for my taste. Given my preference for heavier ties than Vanda's, would I be unsatisfied with ET's 3-folds as well? I'm looking at the 3x striped green and navy ties, which are 3-fold.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 23 seconds ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 7 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...