or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1661

post #24901 of 37395
9.5. My tailor has a good eye for proportion so he kept the opening wider while gently slimming the leg because I have been buying these secondhand at steal prices and sometimes they're a size big. Sometimes I don't like the cuff sloshing around my clf so much but I understand why you say don't do it.

Noodles, I will work on pics for you this week. I also second the rec to buy these used. You can pick up trafalgar and BB braces at $20 or less on Ebay in fantastic shape. It's what I've done.
post #24902 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post


What's wrong with the white loops? Maybe I'm overthinking, but I'm not sure I'd want to wear suspenders with black loops if I'm wearing brown shoes. One can argue that most of the time nobody sees your suspenders anyway I suppose, but then I don't see the issue with the white loops.

 

White seems a bit too flashy. I wouldn't wear white leather shoes either.

post #24903 of 37395

Thank you all for chiming in. I think BB (with corp. d/c) may be the best route. 

 

Side tracking here: I have become very annoyed with some of the ladies that my wife has become acquainted with in recent months. 

Details (Click to show)

Why? Here are some examples.

 

Lady A) When she was invited to our home along with other guests, she checked out our home value and home values in my neighborhood online. Who the heck does that? Then she invites everyone to her home except my wife when everyone is there. She and her husband currently rents and cannot afford to buy. 

 

Lady B) She asks, "You guys are over your honeymoon phase and must be fight a lot, right?" She asks this very often and she keeps on insisting that the day will come. What's wrong with getting along with your spouse in a marriage?! 

 

Lady C) She looks my wife up and down and asks how much I make, looks at her handbags and asks how much they are, looks at our car and how much it is, goes through our kitchen and asks how much dishes and knives are, etc. What the heck?

 

Lady D) She was very friendly at first. But when my wife turned down her request to join some small group, she stopped acknowledging her. Like would not even look at us when we say hello. Weird.

 

I asked Mrs. Noodles what the heck is wrong with these women. Her response was, "This is why I hung out mostly with my dude friends. Girls are too catty." Anybody else have similar experiences?

 

Also, she's like at least 10 years younger than all these women. We think they're just jealous that we're happy?

 

post #24904 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post


Lady B) She asks, "You guys are over your honeymoon phase and must be fight a lot, right?" She asks this very often and she keeps on insisting that the day will come. What's wrong with getting along with your spouse in a marriage?! 

My Wife's Mother does the same thing. I always want to tell her, "no bitch, we're not miserable just because you are", but I have so far held my tongue.
post #24905 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post


My Wife's Mother does the same thing. I always want to tell her, "no bitch, we're not miserable just because you are", but I have so far held my tongue.

So true. I think I will just end up belting these ladies if they catch me in a bad mood. 

post #24906 of 37395
Thread Starter 
I wear clip on suspenders when I do wear suspenders. It isn't like anyone sees them (seriously. I don't think anyone IRL or on SF has actually seen my suspenders. Except my wife, who hates all suspenders). I generally will wear belts though, despite the fact that pants don't drape as nicely.

Really though, side adjusters are the easiest route.
post #24907 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

OMFG. I can't believe how worked up you people are getting about fucking suspenders.

NOODLES: Get some non-stretchy clip-on suspenders and try them out for a few wears. See if you like having your pantalooooons hang from your shoulders and whether it fixes the draping issues. If you like the effect, get buttons added to your waistband and get a pair of standard suspenders for each suit so that you don't have to swap every day. They're a perfect item to purchase secondhand. A local consignment shop sells them at such a low price that I can get 5-6 for the price of one new set of Thurstons, and they are legion on eBay.

No one will care about the color of the fabric or the leather ends. The very fact of them will be what attracts attention. Have fun. Get what you like. Wear without care.

 

This advice is too practical for Noodles.  The usual Noodles m.o. would be to take all of his suit pants in at the same time and then only wear old pants that are too tight and do not match his jacket.  We would get running commentary on how his pants do not match his jacket and are too tight as well as the corresponding crotch shot pictures and observation that people at work are looking at him funny.  We would then hear about this for several weeks because he took them to Fields and cannot get there during normal working hours.  Then, on the very first day wearing his pants with suspenders, Noodles would post the emoticon of banging his head against the wall and announce to everyone that he does not like suspenders.

post #24908 of 37395

^

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
huh-o.gif huh.gif 

Edited by The Noodles - 6/1/15 at 12:12pm
post #24909 of 37395

^^  I know, I know, I exaggerated a little for comedic purposes, but, when looking at your history in this thread, it's not that unrealistic. 

post #24910 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

^^  I know, I know, I exaggerated a little for comedic purposes, but, when looking at your history in this thread, it's not that unrealistic. 

That's fair, tbh smile.gif
post #24911 of 37395

I'll try to tone it down. 

The pear shaped body...really should exercise. 

body-shape-chart-500x300.jpg

Pear sucks

post #24912 of 37395

No carbs after 6

post #24913 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradwu View Post

No carbs after 6

Indeed. Doing so appears to turn you into a pear-shaped woman.
post #24914 of 37395
Crotch looking good noodles. Mine is worse. I will post some pics later.

Where you get your pants? I stopped wearing pants for a while cuz they were looking funky in the crotch/penoris/ass area
post #24915 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuP View Post

Crotch looking good noodles. Mine is worse. I will post some pics later.

Where you get your pants? I stopped wearing pants for a while cuz they were looking funky in the crotch/penoris/ass area

#TMI

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
wtf7.gif

 

 

Anyhow, which pants are you talking about? The mid gray trousers? Kent Wang.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)