or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1659

post #24871 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuP View Post


censored.gif

should have copped yesterday

 

Wu actually has the same tie (not on sale, though).

post #24872 of 37396

then I'd suggest ConradWu and NMWA. You'll probably get your stuff the next day with NMWA. 

I would throw in Vanda but the wait will drive one crazy.

 

I own this one and this is very nice.

http://www.conradwu.com/collections/neckties/products/olive-rosette-print-in-50-oz-royal-twill

Olive rosette print in 50 oz royal twill

post #24873 of 37396

I really like CW's stuff - I only wish either a) they were 20% less, or b) I wasn't a cheap bastard.  I have this mental limit of $100 total cost for ties and all of the non-sale Wu stuff pushes past that price ceiling.

post #24874 of 37396
Vandas wait is worth it. They are a hell of a tie. Especially if your slightly shorter. One of my favorites
post #24875 of 37396

Who knows, maybe he'll give you a discount if you order in bulk or just asked.

CW's stuff are fairly priced IMO.

 

jssdc really needs to start waywrn btw.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Vandas wait is worth it. They are a hell of a tie. Especially if your slightly shorter. One of my favorites

Indeed. I am racking up my Vanda ties. I don't care much about the wait. 

I don't get your point about being slightly shorter. I just wish they'd put tabs behind the big blade but Gerald stated his philosophy.

post #24876 of 37396
I don't wear ties very much at all. Can't justify spending over a benjamin on something that will rarely get used.

Gotta build up the regular wardrobe first - sportcoats, pants, shirts
post #24877 of 37396

Then go straight to the MARKETPLACE and start hunting for some bargains!

 

Now, I had thought that Zegna Roma was phased out and Milano replaced it. It seems they are not the same line with different names. Styling is different: Roma being roomier and Milano being a tad bit tapered. Is this right?

 

Anyone have Zegna Roma suits? @DonRaphael 


Edited by The Noodles - 6/1/15 at 8:16am
post #24878 of 37396
I am searching like a mofo. SCs I can probably pull off from BS.

Pants - I got bigger thighs and they can get screwed up easily. Need to go to a store and try on to get my sizing right
post #24879 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

then I'd suggest ConradWu and NMWA. You'll probably get your stuff the next day with NMWA. 

I would throw in Vanda but the wait will drive one crazy.

 

I own this one and this is very nice.

http://www.conradwu.com/collections/neckties/products/olive-rosette-print-in-50-oz-royal-twill

Olive rosette print in 50 oz royal twill

I own that one also, but from Cappelli. I like them both. But I'm thinking of letting my Cappelli go since it's 3,75" wide. I've come to prefer 3,5". If I end up selling it (let me know if you'd be interested @GuP) I'll replace it with one that's 3,5".

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

Then go straight to the MARKETPLACE and start hunting for some bargains!

 

Now, I had thought that Zegna Roma was phased out and Milano replaced it. It seems they are not the same line with different names. Styling is different: Roma being roomier and Milano being a tad bit tapered. Is this right?

 

Anyone have Zegna Roma suits? @DonRaphael 

Roma is a completely another animal. Roomier. Features pleated pants. Wider lapels. More structured shoulders (roped). I prefer Roma to Milano stylistically.

post #24880 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post
 

I own that one also, but from Cappelli. I like them both. But I'm thinking of letting my Cappelli go since it's 3,75" wide. I've come to prefer 3,5". If I end up selling it (let me know if you'd be interested @GuP) I'll replace it with one that's 3,5".

 

Roma is a completely another animal. Roomier. Features pleated pants. Wider lapels. More structured shoulders (roped). I prefer Roma to Milano stylistically.

Ooops, I'll pass then! 

Shoulders are structured...I gotta look into that.

post #24881 of 37396

@The Noodles are you going Zegna again??? :uhoh:

post #24882 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

Ooops, I'll pass then! 

Shoulders are structured...I gotta look into that.

Also, they feature a high rise. About 1-1,5" higher than the Zegna Milano you owned. Judging by your taste and style, Roma wouldn't be your cup of tea.

post #24883 of 37396
good place for pants?
post #24884 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

@The Noodles
are you going Zegna again??? uhoh.gif
In Noodle's universe there are only 6 suit manufactures:

Formosa
Isaia
Zegna
RL
Suit Supply
BnT
post #24885 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuP View Post

good place for pants?

 

I use them to cover my buttocks, crotch, and legs.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)