or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1654

post #24796 of 37396

Mine charges $30 for buttons/sleeve finishing.  Never had working buttonholes made, but was quoted $10/buttonhole by a local tailor, so substantially less.  

post #24797 of 37396

I think mine charges $20-25 per buttonhole

post #24798 of 37396
$15 per in Boston
post #24799 of 37396

Guess mine is in the middle at 17.5 (140/8)

post #24800 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Here it is:

http://nomanwalksalone.tumblr.com/post/116579973841/the-italian-solution-by-david-isle-most-people

I was the one who wrote it (I say that not to take credit, but so that @gdl203 doesn't have to take responsibility for everything in the article if he doesn't agree with it. One thing I like about our blog is that we try to present different viewpoints. Each author has their own voice and taste and doesn't have to agree with everything the others write.)

Interestingly the real Italian solution seems to be a navy (based) tie with a navy suit.
post #24801 of 37396

I wonder if hair color plays a part in the solution.  I personally prefer a black necktie... maybe rust goes better if you have brown hair?

post #24802 of 37396
Besides navy, what is the next most versatile color for an odd jacket/sportcoat?

Besides gray, what is the next most versatile color for pants to rock with that sc?

STarting a new gig and dress code is whatever!
post #24803 of 37396
Thread Starter 
Mid blue.

Light brown/tan/camel.

Or

Mid brown

Camel/tan
post #24804 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuP View Post

Besides navy, what is the next most versatile color for an odd jacket/sportcoat?

Besides gray, what is the next most versatile color for pants to rock with that sc?

STarting a new gig and dress code is whatever!

 

A nice textured brown (hopsack for spring/summer, herringbone for fall/winter) is a wonderfully versatile second jacket.  

 

How many shades of gray trouser do you have?  I'd get about four different grays before I added anything else; then I'd look for a  tan or "charcoal brown" for my trouser lineup.  

post #24805 of 37396
Mid blue is like....royal blue? darker?

Do shirts with wide collars look good without ties?
post #24806 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post

A nice textured brown (hopsack for spring/summer, herringbone for fall/winter) is a wonderfully versatile second jacket.  

How many shades of gray trouser do you have?  I'd get about four different grays before I added anything else; then I'd look for a  tan or "charcoal brown" for my trouser lineup.  

Dark brown or light brown?

Only two shades of gray - well only two pants! One is medium gray and other is charcoal - didn't wear pants before - freeballing icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #24807 of 37396
need to build my sc and odd trouser game up.

got nothing - only two sc that are old and two gray pants
post #24808 of 37396
So far I have (SC wise)

AFB
sand /light brown herringbone
Beige & Burgundy check


Was thinking I wanted a light grey cashmere or wool/silk/linen for the next one.
post #24809 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

So far I have (SC wise)

AFB
sand /light brown herringbone
Beige & Burgundy check


Was thinking I wanted a light grey cashmere or wool/silk/linen for the next one.

Unless you rarely need to wear them, I think you definitely need more blue before considering something like light grey.

I'd also much prefer a summer gunclub or something before light grey.
post #24810 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

So far I have (SC wise)

AFB
sand /light brown herringbone
Beige & Burgundy check


Was thinking I wanted a light grey cashmere or wool/silk/linen for the next one.

Do u often wear combos? Or suits?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)