Making money from books and speaking?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:47 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1636post #24527 of 373965/27/15 at 8:28ampost #24528 of 373965/27/15 at 8:29amQuote:
I thought Formosa was Noodles' best option because he has generally got the fit dialed in on them. SuSu and others would involve at least one round of trying to get it right.post #24529 of 373965/27/15 at 8:30ampost #24530 of 373965/27/15 at 8:31amQuote:Fix your monitor!Originally Posted by archibaldleach
@kulata, Mr. Six's jacket does not grey to me, so unless it's coming in all wrong on my monitor, I think he's not proving that about grey jackets.
Also, I don't think Pliny's last two points have been debunked / are incorrect unless you assume that the word "always" is in there. While some outfits can look good when jacket is lighter than trouser, in a large majority of successful odd jacket fits, the jacket is darker. Contrast helps in most cases too.
Point #2 we have an entire season (summer) and entire regions (tropics) where low contrast pants and jackets are in some cases tradition.
Point #3 is ....Do we have to do this again???post #24531 of 373965/27/15 at 8:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Caustic Man
I agree with all of this. However, I will say that I do not think anyone you mentioned has been as influential as Manton during the earlier years of the forum. He enjoyed an almost rockstar like popularity here. If you have any doubt about this look at the forums that he still posts in today. As soon as he posts he gets quoted and responded to unlike any other poster that I have seen. While all the people you mentioned are popular, dress well, and are influential, none of them has had the impact of Manton and a few others. Realize that I don't think it's a one man show. He, however, literally wrote the book on CM here on Style Forum.
Let's be real. He knows his stuff but he didn't reinvent the wheel or anything close to it.
I do think he coined the phrase BlazerSuit (I think the concept is good, but that phrase really blows)
I think a bunch of guys from the "old guard" on SF really knew their shit - a lot more so than I think today's collective bunch does. Not a knock, just the truth.
That's why I think it's really short sighted to continue to credit just one person, or at least make it look that way to an outside perspective.post #24532 of 373965/27/15 at 8:32amQuote:
True. I am done with Suit Supply. Too many inconsistencies in fabric quality and sizing.
I just ordered a black black suit so I can look like a real Asian! (Joking)
Well, in other news...it is back to playing my acoustic guitar regularly after couple months off. The callous on my finger tips are pretty much gone so that sucks.post #24533 of 373965/27/15 at 8:33amQuote:
You are absolutely right. That's why I didn't. True, I focused on him almost exclusively, but I was also careful to choose language that suggested that he was not the only one.post #24534 of 373965/27/15 at 8:33ampost #24535 of 373965/27/15 at 8:34ampost #24536 of 373965/27/15 at 8:36amQuote:
I truly gave it Suit Supply a serious consideration. This involved at least 5 visits and really going through their inventory and trying on different things. I closed the books on them.post #24537 of 373965/27/15 at 8:37amQuote:
I would have to buy from the internet, sight unseen. Therefore consistency with sizing is of the utmost importance. If I can't determine what does and does not fit me from their offerings then it is useless to me.post #24538 of 373965/27/15 at 8:38ampost #24539 of 373965/27/15 at 8:39ampost #24540 of 373965/27/15 at 8:40amQuote:
I have found their online dimensions to be accurate in the items I have tried. Perhaps Noodles is referring to the changes between a given size from one model to the next, which certainly is variable. The fabric quality is pretty clear, to me, based on the information they openly provide (mill/composition/etc).
Free shipping and free returns, too, if that helps.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Gianfranco Ferre Leather Coat 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Gianfranco Ferre Leather Coat for quick Sale 12 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 12 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...