Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:01 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1607post #24092 of 374825/22/15 at 10:34pmpost #24093 of 374825/22/15 at 11:51pm
I can't imagine that feeling.
I like the gren with the brown and light blue, or the last one. The shantung is nice, but if you're somehow going to get by with fewer than four navy striped ties, then a summer-only one doesn't make sense. I just don't love the next to last one.post #24094 of 374825/23/15 at 5:34am
They all seem nice. I've picked the third as one I'm considering. I tend to like less density in stripes as in the fourth but I can see it working in certain fits. It would have been terrific if slightly less dense (yrr92 and I have flipped preferences here).
Are the first two berg and berg? I'm still uncertain about the quality of those ties though I know many have them and are quite happy. Can't go wrong with the triple stripe shantung for summer.
Incidentally, I can't tell if this one will be surprisingly great or a train wreck or something in between. The brown/green is appealing though the texture contrast is, well, different.post #24095 of 374825/23/15 at 7:29ampost #24096 of 374825/23/15 at 7:37ampost #24097 of 374825/23/15 at 7:37ampost #24098 of 374825/23/15 at 7:53am
I'm pretty sure that's the same tie...maybe even same sewer (Italy). Shaya's ties are great and a bit cheaper than Viola Milano's
@davesmith can tell you about the tie. Indeed, the green shantung triple stripe is really appealing...post #24099 of 374825/23/15 at 8:42amThread Starterpost #24100 of 374825/23/15 at 8:54amNoodlers, something that has been concerning me lately, thought I would stick it here.
Do you think we have reached "textured tie" overload? In the past few pages, we have seen shantungs, boucles, linen, etc., and very rarely have I seen what I would call "normal" ties. I know that there is precedence for some of these textures. In particularly, shantungs, grenadines, and knits. But are we going a bit too far in the other direction? I am intrigued by the silk slubby hopsack grenadine. Don't get me wrong. But rarely have I seen it in use and thought to myself, this was the ideal tie for this outfit.
On an unrelated note, I have realized I rarely, if ever, reach for my neats.
So I am not really sure where I stand in this.
And as I say all the above, I must say I am a grenadine, knit, and shantung lover.post #24101 of 374825/23/15 at 8:56amQuote:Could this tie be worn with the Blue Plaid Formosa?
I can speak for myself. That's mostly what we see when we visit our affiliate sites. However, I just order a silk tie and a Macclesfield (silk) from Vanda. I dislike wool ties and also not the right season.post #24102 of 374825/23/15 at 8:57amThread StarterNeats are still really big. I think that it might just be an availability bias from your own preference and the current season (I think all S/S ties have some texture).
I believe printed grenadines had a quick rise and fall though. I think patterned grenadines, except for those subtle, will also be diminishing in presence shortly. As will slubby grenadines.post #24103 of 374825/23/15 at 9:01ampost #24104 of 374825/23/15 at 9:07ampost #24105 of 374825/23/15 at 9:11amQuote:
It might be down to what you're choosing to wear this time of year, but I think we all go through phases of love for a particular type. I love neats, madders in particular. But I've also been enjoying shantungs a lot recently, and grenadines, though their delicacy is starting to irritate me: they snag and show their age so readily, but I digress. All in all, if that's your range of ties, whichever you prefer at any given time is probably a good choice! The only "trend" that I'm feeling lately is an urge for more stripes in my life, and a feeling that I'm seeing them more. On which point, @venividivicibj, 2 please.
As Clags said, I might just be looking for them subconsciously, and perhaps you are too. I find it happens a lot, depending on my fixation at any given time: certain watches, pickup trucks, Porsches, big-assed women...anything, really.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 47 seconds ago
- › UK PM May Outlines Brexit Priorities; UK Won't Remain in Single... 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › COS Wide Lapel Trench Coat - 48/M 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 12 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...