Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:07 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1560post #23386 of 373655/12/15 at 8:38ampost #23387 of 373655/12/15 at 8:47ampost #23388 of 373655/12/15 at 8:47ampost #23389 of 373655/12/15 at 9:24ampost #23390 of 373655/12/15 at 9:26ampost #23391 of 373655/12/15 at 9:28ampost #23392 of 373655/12/15 at 9:36am
I prefer a mid-rise, which is what I would describe the Walt as. Howard Yount's USA cut is pretty similar to Walts, maybe a hair longer rise while the Italian is much shorter. Walt's have a higher rise than say the J Crew Bowery's I own, but I wouldn't call them high rise pants. Then again, I envision Churchill with pants above his protruding belly as high rise.post #23393 of 373655/12/15 at 9:37amQuote:
No such thing as a "standard" pair of trousers.
The Walt rise is similar to Formosa. As for Rota, if you can wear Formosa trousers, you can wear Rota.....I'm a big fan of them.post #23394 of 373655/12/15 at 9:42amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Forget linen. It's fun, but wrinkles like a mutha and always looks a bit casual. It's not all that sharp in a businessy colour either, though I've been there.
I think you're on the right track with Suit Supply: check your measurements carefully, and don't use the size advisor unless you want to look like a stuffed sausage. It sounds like we're a similar size; I'd go a Euro 56, which is US 44 almost exactly. Most of the SS suits have quite slim legs (which you will probably need taking up by your tailor, by the way), so perhaps try a more conservative cut to start? I'd suggest the Livorno, which as well as being very comfortable, is also the cheapest: they have a lightweight wool in plain navy that would fit your purpose perfectly.
If you want to be summery, then wear light tan shoes and a peach linen tie. But for your shirt, stay with a light cotton poplin, and your suit go for a summer weight wool or wool/silk mix. Plain navy is always the correct suit to be wearing, whether it's a wedding or a wake.
Appreciate the response, I think I will go for a navy suit, I tried looking for the Livorno cut suit and I can't seem to find it. Do you know if they changed the cut name to something else?
Tuxedopost #23395 of 373655/12/15 at 9:46ampost #23396 of 373655/12/15 at 9:48ampost #23397 of 373655/12/15 at 9:48amEveryone giving Noodles crap about the navy odd trousers, keep in mind that the man does not own any sport coats so he's planning on rocking the college-aged intern look of trousers, shirt and tie and praying he doesn't have to go out for a client meeting that day.
Well shit, we wouldn't have a thread if you weren't trigger happy.post #23398 of 373655/12/15 at 9:51ampost #23399 of 373655/12/15 at 9:52am
Funny that this tie has come up. I've been on the fence about it for the past week or so. The colors are great, but I'm trying to decide whether I want another tie that ties a thin knot and, in order to get a nice dimple, need to tie it a little bit on the short side. I really wish Hober would offer silks like this.
Here's one of my current Shibumi'spost #23400 of 373655/12/15 at 9:54am
I hurd Shibumi is poorly construncted...
Is anyone familiar with YANKO belts?Quote:Originally Posted by archibaldleach
Everyone giving Noodles crap about the navy odd trousers, keep in mind that the man does not own any sport coats so he's planning on rocking the college-aged intern look of trousers, shirt and tie and praying he doesn't have to go out for a client meeting that day.
Well shit, we wouldn't have a thread if you weren't trigger happy.
I have a navy jacket hanging in my office just in case. But if I know there's an important meeting, I dress the he11 up in a suit. So far, I've been just wearing my navy beater trousers and have not had a surprise meeting except one time with the top man.Quote:Quote:
They must be really nice. I just hate dealing with returns.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 40 seconds ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Vienna (Austria): Suiting, Adjusting and Cleaning 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...