Something about this tie speaks to meWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Am I totally insane trying to convince myself to purchase it? I'm thinking light grey flannel trousers, light blue shirt, navy wool (odd) vest, rich dark brown sport coat.
Well, here I am thinking that it would go well with light blue. But maybe there's enough light blue in the tie for it to clash with a shirt in the same color. I guess I'll have to let it go then, as light blue shirts are pretty much my choice 90 % of the times. The other 10 % is when I opt for White, and in those cases I wear suits.
I don't agree. It's tricky, but it can be done IMO.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Good way of showing it. This was my initial thought as well. Besides, the tie I referred to didn't have a light blue ground, only hints of it. Thanks for shiming in as well. I'll give it some thought. It would be a rather inexpensive commitment if I decide to pull the trigger.
I am sooooooooooooooo copying this!