or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1489

post #22321 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

I've just had the buttons attached on all my Formosa jackets, after shortening the sleeves. I'm repeating myself (I'm not sure if it was here or the NMWA thread) but since my tailor wasn't going to do hand-made button holes like the ones from Formosa anyway it was going to be mismatched in one direction or another so I didn't see the point of paying for buttonholes.

From a more pragmatic standpoint, for anyone ever considering resale of an item, working buttonholes will tend to reduce a SC's marketability. Of course this is only a small-timer concern.
post #22322 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post
 

 

I've just had the buttons attached on all my Formosa jackets, after shortening the sleeves. I'm repeating myself (I'm not sure if it was here or the NMWA thread) but since my tailor wasn't going to do hand-made button holes like the ones from Formosa anyway it was going to be mismatched in one direction or another so I didn't see the point of paying for buttonholes.


My tailor's buttonholes are hand-made and probably worth the cash, but having just charged a couple of Formosas to the ol' credit card, I decided to sewn on was the best option this time around. 

post #22323 of 37405
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Noodles, if you're having an issue with another member privately, keep it private. It's best for everyone that way. Yourself included.

That said, I agree with Murl regarding the knit tie and the PoW suit.

I personally don't think that courtesy should extend to trolls/socks. But you're the mod.
post #22324 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

I personally don't think that courtesy should extend to trolls/socks. But you're the mod.

Its not really about courtesy. PM me if you wanna talk about it. No reason to derail here with it as far as I see.
post #22325 of 37405

Final adjustments are being done this week on a new custom SC. Thoughts on the pattern, styling, etc?

 

post #22326 of 37405
The pattern is great, styling hard to tell in the photo
post #22327 of 37405

3.25 in. lapels, 3 patch pockets, real horn buttons, if that helps.

post #22328 of 37405
Can't go wrong there, I'm particularly fond of the buttons
post #22329 of 37405
Working buttons on jackets.
Why do they exist?
Do some unbutton and roll them back?
post #22330 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

Working buttons on jackets.
Why do they exist?
Do some unbutton and roll them back?

Also called surgeon's cuffs. As the name implies, back when surgeons wore jackets during job, they'd unbutton the jacket cuffs and roll up the sleeves.
post #22331 of 37405

anyone have any guidance as to where I can find a tie very similar to this? 

 

 

small white pin dot, and a bit of texture to the silk? 

 

Need it for an upcoming event!

post #22332 of 37405

@bmwahba39 : this close enough?

 

post #22333 of 37405

@EliodA yes certainly. Link? and price?

post #22334 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

Working buttons on jackets.
Why do they exist?
Do some unbutton and roll them back?

Why do they exist? Currently as a sartorial wink or nod to others in-the-know. smile.gif

Do some roll them back?...yes. I've see a few guys do it and pull it off with style. Joseph Abboud mentioned in his bio that he would "go into work, unbutton his cuffs, roll back the sleeves and begin designing clothing"
post #22335 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

@bmwahba39



Beautiful tie!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)