or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1480

post #22186 of 37408
Need better pictures, Held.
post #22187 of 37408

Here's a (poorly lit) head-to-toe shot: 

 

 

I'm not too worried about the waist per se, but the quarters look a little odd to me and I'm wondering if a bit of shaping/suppression would help it out or it I should leave well enough alone. 

post #22188 of 37408
Thread Starter 

Today (actually, the next couple of weeks) my students had to do a "business" presentation. One group chose to present on the history and development of the necktie. Another on enclothed cognition.

 

...I wonder why they chose such things...

post #22189 of 37408
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post
 

Here's a (poorly lit) head-to-toe shot: 

 

 

 

I'm not too worried about the waist per se, but the quarters look a little odd to me and I'm wondering if a bit of shaping/suppression would help it out or it I should leave well enough alone. 

 

I wouldn't touch it.  The waist has plenty of shape.  What is up with the bottom of the jacket?

post #22190 of 37408
^Not sure; that seeming flare is what I'm trying to tweak. The pockets are empty in that pic, but I tend to put some heavy-ish stuff in my pockets (keys/phone/wallet) and the light silk/linen fabric might have stretched around the pockets. In the pic (and to a lesser extent in person), though, it looks bigger than that. I just put a couple of heavy books on top of the jacket and laid it flat on a table to see if that has any effect.
post #22191 of 37408
How them collars? Too high? Too fat? Do share.

post #22192 of 37408
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post

^Not sure; that's what I'm trying to tweak. The pockets are empty in that pic, but I tend to put some heavy-ish stuff in my pockets (keys/phone/wallet) and the light silk/linen fabric might have stretched around the pockets. In the pic (and to a lesser extent in person), though, it looks bigger than that. I just put a couple of heavy books on top of the jacket and laid it flat on a table to see if that has any effect.

 

Trying giving it a good press.

post #22193 of 37408

Probably need a direct-on shot from the front, Noodles, but the collar looks fine as far as I can tell. 

 

Edit: Yeah, the second fit confirms that the collar looks good on you.  You could slide a jacket on just to be super-duper sure. 

post #22194 of 37408
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

How them collars? Too high? Too fat? Do share.
 

 

Foolish man....that is not too high.  I would have made the points longer, but it doesn't look too tall to me.  Nice fabric choice.

post #22195 of 37408
Thread Starter 

That looks like a great collar height Noodles. And those points will rest comfortably under your lapels. You done good.

post #22196 of 37408
Can we see a shot with a jacket on, Noodles?

Heldentenor, I'd probably try to avoid using the pockets on any linen or linen blend if you can. Either get an inexpensive briefcase or something else. Otherwise I think you'll always be stuck re-shaping them by pressing the jacket.
post #22197 of 37408
Just found the Formosa gray flannel waiting at my front door. Fabric is better than I imagined. And lighter too bounce2.gif
post #22198 of 37408
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox View Post

Just found the Formosa gray flannel waiting at my front door. Fabric is better than I imagined. And lighter too bounce2.gif

I knew you'd be happy.
post #22199 of 37408
To me it looks much fuzzier in the NMWA promo shots, it has a lovely subtle texture irl
post #22200 of 37408
Justin, really depends on the specific shoe, but I prefer a cap toe.

Helden, based on the second pic I think it should be left alone.

Noodles, collar looks great.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)