or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1479

post #22171 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

$H!T - I added 1/2 cm. So it is 2.0 cm LOL

That's not that much. I bet it isn't as noticeable as you think
post #22172 of 37405
lurker[1].gif
post #22173 of 37405

harry-hill-web-668x341.jpg

post #22174 of 37405
Omg so much action since the last time I looked.
Back to black shoe discussion. Captoe or wholecut? Skoak has both on the rain last and I could spring $300 on them.
post #22175 of 37405
But Harry Hill ^^ can't dye his barnet! (hair)
post #22176 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Omg so much action since the last time I looked.
Back to black shoe discussion. Captoe or wholecut? Skoak has both on the rain last and I could spring $300 on them.

Just in case this may make a differece in your decision, with the cost of shipping, you're looking at close to $400 (assuming you live in the States). 

post #22177 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

But Harry Hill ^^ can't dye his barnet! (hair)

I thut he was some random nobody. Surprised that he is a famous comedian

post #22178 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

Just in case this may make a differece in your decision, with the cost of shipping, you're looking at close to $400 (assuming you live in the States). 

Yea still a better price than everyone else and I love Skoak. They are fantastic
post #22179 of 37405
If Noodles sells the Formosa, he'll get cash that will probably get him half a suit. Maybe a bit more. Plus what about when he loses the 10 pounds and his other Formosa trousers don't fit? By the time he sells the suit, buys a new one and gets it altered, the old one will probably fit.
post #22180 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

If Noodles sells the Formosa, he'll get cash that will probably get him half a suit. Maybe a bit more. Plus what about when he loses the 10 pounds and his other Formosa trousers don't fit? By the time he sells the suit, buys a new one and gets it altered, the old one will probably fit.

My weight is like...

kwZmbQu.gif

tumblr_mgho4zKAKB1rajruqo2_400.gif

post #22181 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

If Noodles sells the Formosa, he'll get cash that will probably get him half a suit. Maybe a bit more. Plus what about when he loses the 10 pounds and his other Formosa trousers don't fit? By the time he sells the suit, buys a new one and gets it altered, the old one will probably fit.

 

Just from following this thread, it seems Noodles' weight can fluctuate 10 - 15 pounds pretty easily.  As someone whose weight tends to fluctuate between Winter and Summer by 5-10 pounds, I try to fit my clothes to a middle ground that will accommodate any weight gain/loss.  I have little use for clothes that only fit when I'm in peak shape.

post #22182 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Omg so much action since the last time I looked.
Back to black shoe discussion. Captoe or wholecut? Skoak has both on the rain last and I could spring $300 on them.

 

These are from Gentlemens' Footwear, but I believe they are the same Rain last model Skoak has.  I'm actually wearing them today as I regularly wear black shoes with my charcoal suit.

 

post #22183 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Just from following this thread, it seems Noodles' weight can fluctuate 10 - 15 pounds pretty easily.  As someone whose weight tends to fluctuate between Winter and Summer by 5-10 pounds, I try to fit my clothes to a middle ground that will accommodate any weight gain/loss.  I have little use for clothes that only fit when I'm in peak shape.

No disagreement from me. If it's not realistic for him to be able to wear the suit, he should sell it. If it fits when he is in good to okay shape, he should hang onto it. Just seems weird to have his Formosa suits fit differently (I know one came with slimmer trousers but still).
post #22184 of 37405

My father in-law (really nice person) did not continue the annual tradition of buying me a suit this time but he did "buy" me a full physical exam, which included an endoscopy. Anyways, two interesting results are that I am overweight by 4.9 kg or 10 lbs and my stress level is way below average. Oh, and I am 183.4 cm tall! 

post #22185 of 37405

X-Post from WAYWRN.  I think this jacket would fit me better if I had it suppressed a bit in the waist and through the quarters, but I'm on the fence since it's spring/summer and a less tailored, more "unstructured" vibe might work better.  Opinions?

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)