or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1446

post #21676 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

I do not own any Blazers. Thoughts on this one? It's one shade lighter than navy, lightweight worsted "travel" wool, patch pockets (except chest), silver buttons

Seems to fit well OTR. (These shirtsleeves are a little too long.)

 

I agree with EliodA (surprise, not)  it's nothing special.  Also don't like metal buttons - too Thirston Howell III .   Ideal blazer/navy odd jacket is IMO:

 

1.  hopsack

2. 3 roll 2

3. patch pockets

4. swelled edges

5. contrast horn buttons

6. SB and twin vents

post #21677 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

Thoughts on this one?

 

I don't like worsted blazers. A more rustic weave would seem appropriate to me.

post #21678 of 37396
I don't like metal buttons. :/
post #21679 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

I agree with EliodA (surprise, not)  it's nothing special.  Also don't like metal buttons - too Thirston Howell III .   Ideal blazer/navy odd jacket is IMO:

1.  hopsack
2. 3 roll 2
3. patch pockets
4. swelled edges
5. contrast horn buttons
6. SB and twin vents

Agree with everything but the swelled edges, but I'm well aware that's just my opinion.
post #21680 of 37396
Double stitching is a nice complement to patch pockets. Both are consistent with a more casual approach to the blue blazer. For a little more formality and CBDness, flap pockets and no double stitched edges


post #21681 of 37396
^

Yup, especially when it's good hand stitching like that.
post #21682 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

I don't like metal buttons. :/


I actually prefer them on blazers. Harkens back to the military origin of the jacket.

post #21683 of 37396

I want to take advantage of the Exquisite Trimmings sale - here's my meagre tie collection, grateful for suggestions on what to aim for next.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #21684 of 37396

Are you more a suit guy or a sportcoat guy, Seb?  How much color/pattern/texture in your suits/jackets?  Since you don't have a brown neat or a brown wool yet, my choices would be:

 

If you're more into suits/"city" sportcoats, this brown neat: http://www.exquisitetrimmings.com/products/Ties/Brown-Neat-Print-Handrolled-Macclesfield.html

 

If you're more "country," this brown wool donegal: http://www.exquisitetrimmings.com/products/Ties/Brown-Pure-Wool-Donegal-9cm-Tie.html

post #21685 of 37396

Suit guy, mostly CBD - dark navy, charcoal, medium grey birdseye + a couple of warm weather suits (light grey, lighter blue wool/linen)

post #21686 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox View Post
 

Suit guy, mostly CBD - dark navy, charcoal, medium grey birdseye + a couple of warm weather suits (light grey, lighter blue wool/linen)

Awesome.  I'd definitely snag one of the three ET branded brown neats then.  

post #21687 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post
 

Awesome.  I'd definitely snag one of the three ET branded brown neats then.

Good suggestion, done. Thanks

post #21688 of 37396

You've put together an excellent early-stage tie collection--nice work.  

post #21689 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post

Are you more a suit guy or a sportcoat guy, Seb?  How much color/pattern/texture in your suits/jackets?  Since you don't have a brown neat or a brown wool yet, my choices would be:

If you're more into suits/"city" sportcoats, this brown neat: http://www.exquisitetrimmings.com/products/Ties/Brown-Neat-Print-Handrolled-Macclesfield.html

I like that one a lot.

post #21690 of 37396

Great look as usual, @Sotiris. What is the cloth on that suit? Looks 'hairy' in a good way.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)