Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:35 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1431post #21452 of 376723/29/15 at 7:00amQuote:
Clearly your job does not require urine testing.
Oh, and yes, I do eschew both VB and XXXX, in favour of metrosexual-approved booteeq beers. Why? Because they taste better. By several orders of magnitude.post #21453 of 376723/29/15 at 8:19amI feel for anyone living in a place where great beer is hard to come by. We're lucky in Northern California to have Russian River, Lagunitas, Bear Republic, Trumer, Sierra Nevada to name a few... and then some smaller makers in SF proper: Magnolia, Speakeasy, Almenac (makes mostly Sours which are gaining popularity), and Anchor Steam if you're into that, which I'm not so much.
But one of the best American breweries I've come across in the last few years is actually out of upstate New York, home of the baseball hall of fame. Ommegang out of Cooperstown. Especially the Saison.
And now I'm thirsty and its only 8am.post #21454 of 376723/29/15 at 8:38amThread StarterI'm a philistine; I generally prefer well known beers to craft beers.
My two favorites are probably Pilsner Urquell and Krombacher. I have one of those two when I get home without fail.
Though on a really hot day, and I'm drinking outside, Cerveza Sol.
I'll occasionally have a Texas-Czech beer called Shiner Bock.post #21455 of 376723/29/15 at 8:41amI like Ommegang a lot, too. My girlfriend and I went to Portland, Maine last spring and aside from having an amazing time together we noticed that there are microbrews all over that city.
Boston, specifically Cambridge, has a very good beer selection because there is a big hipster community there. I may roll my eyes at hipsters, but a lot of them seem to know their beers really well.post #21456 of 376723/29/15 at 9:05am
I'm much more into wine and spirits than beer, but I do enjoy the occasional American craft beer (Ommegang's a favorite of mine, as are most things from Founders, Bell's, and a small regional brewery in North Carolina called Foothills). Also Belgian abbey ales and tripels when it's a bit warmer, and the occasional German doppelbock and English stout when it's cold.
Clags, last night I had a dream about neat tie patterns. I might need an SF hiatus.post #21457 of 376723/29/15 at 9:09ampost #21458 of 376723/29/15 at 9:12ampost #21459 of 376723/29/15 at 9:21amThread Starterpost #21460 of 376723/29/15 at 10:12ampost #21461 of 376723/29/15 at 10:12amQuote:
Nothing wrong with that. I'm a big fan of Sam Adams Boston Lager. It doesn't pass bearded hipster muster, but I think it tastes good.
Me too. Growing up in California you can't help but be exposed to great wine. The Kentucky connection has instilled (distilled?) a great love of spirits in me too, especially for Bourbon.post #21462 of 376723/29/15 at 11:12am
Cross Posting this from SWD. I'm new to the business side to things and need to start developing my wardrobe for internships and such.Quote:Originally Posted by ShakeEmUp
I need suit advice and I couldn't find an equivalent thread in the menswear section. Is there one?
I currently own this J. Crew suit that I had tailored a while back, and obviously it's too tight and there's pulling at the buttons. Is there any chance I could have it let out at all, or is it far too small at this point? The jacket is a size 40. It seems like it's decent in the shoulders, but I included a shoulder shot to see if I should size up to a 42. Any advice would be very appreciated. Apologies for the shitty photos/posturepost #21463 of 376723/29/15 at 12:21pmShiner used to be a good beer back in the '80s/early '90s, but it was unrecognizable the last time I had it. I've easily consumed my own weight in Shiner. Maybe twice my weight...
ShakeEmUp, it's really hard to say much about your suit with those pictures. Maybe repost some pics where you're relaxed and standing naturally? The things you're doing with your arms are kinda weird...post #21464 of 376723/29/15 at 12:24pmpost #21465 of 376723/29/15 at 12:27pmYou Noodlers need to order some of Kamakura's grenadine ties
Less than 45 bucks USD!
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...