or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1417

post #21241 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

the suit :decisions: 

I think I am having a picnic attack. 

Formosa #1 - 35+ thumbs up

Formosa #2 - 35+ thumbs up

^This Formosa - 5 thumbs up...then again I did go 20+ when I posted initially.

 

Don't judge success by the number of thumbs. They are nice, but not something to get too worked up about.

post #21242 of 37392

Would like some noodling advice....

 

I'd like a navy based striped tie.  These two have caught my eye.

 

Hober

 

 CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 80

 

 

or this from ET?

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

Or any other recommendations?  To be worn in CBD and with gray and navy suits.   

post #21243 of 37392

CBD? I'd go with the former instead of the latter. 

post #21244 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

the suit decisions.gif  
I think I am having a picnic attack. 
Formosa #1 - 35+ thumbs up
Formosa #2 - 35+ thumbs up
^This Formosa - 5 thumbs up...then again I did go 20+ when I posted initially.

I'm going to pretend this was never posted.
post #21245 of 37392
@The Noodles, what has the reception been to your mini armada of Formosa suits in your place of work?

I think you have 3 now, right? Grey POW, blue bird, blue window?
post #21246 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

the suit :decisions: 

I think I am having a picnic attack. 

Formosa #1 - 35+ thumbs up

Formosa #2 - 35+ thumbs up

^This Formosa - 5 thumbs up...then again I did go 20+ when I posted initially.

 

I just added thumb number 7. I like the suit a lot. Maybe you'd get more thumbs with a different shirt though.

post #21247 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Dlwgosh View Post
 

 

I just added thumb number 7. I like the suit a lot. Maybe you'd get more thumbs with a different shirt though.

Thanks dude. I wanted to incorporate the shirt but failed. It's not the suit so I'll just retract my earlier statement as to not upset the kind gentleman who graciously offered this suit to me. 

@Murlsquirl 

post #21248 of 37392

So this one was much more successful (on the thumb up scale). I am guessing...the shirt screwed me over today.

My apologies to Sir @Murlsquirl once again. 

post #21249 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

Thanks dude. I wanted to incorporate the shirt but failed. It's not the suit so I'll just retract my earlier statement as to not upset the kind gentleman who graciously offered this suit to me. 
@Murlsquirl
 

Stop stressing over thumbs. Some members care way too much about how many likes they get. Please don't become one of them. You look great, but you could've looked excellent with a light blue shirt.
post #21250 of 37392
Why in the world are you apologizing to me? It's your suit, do whatever you want with it. I just think you're crazy for even considering getting rid of it. That suit is gorgeous and looks great on you.
post #21251 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post


Stop stressing over thumbs. Some members care way too much about how many likes they get. Please don't become one of them. You look great, but you could've looked excellent with a light blue shirt.

I agree. But I wonder why this succeeded where today's faltered...

I mean, thumb up is a way of viewers speaking to me. As I have been told many times before, just enjoy and not get to worked up over thumb ups. 

Learn from mistakes and move on. 

Thx MF

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Why in the world are you apologizing to me? It's your suit, do whatever you want with it. I just think you're crazy for even considering getting rid of it. That suit is gorgeous and looks great on you.
I thought you were offended because you gave it to me at a good price and I am having a picnic attack and trying to sell it over thumb ups. 
post #21252 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

I agree. But I wonder why this succeeded where today's faltered...
I mean, thumb up is a way of viewers speaking to me. As I have been told many times before, just enjoy and not get to worked up over thumb ups. 
Learn from mistakes and move on. 
Thx MF
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Accept all criticism as constructive and move on.
post #21253 of 37392
Nope, not at all.
post #21254 of 37392

This has been Noodles' picnic attack.

post #21255 of 37392
I'm starting to wonder if the best advise for you would be to quilt your job, sell all your new suits and stay home all day in sweatpants. Then you can have actual picnics instead of all these crazy picnic attacks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)