or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1339

post #20071 of 37396

Okay, here it the plan for the upcoming weekend. 

 

Take the P.o.W. to Fields since it needs some work besides the basics. 

I will take the birdseye to a local neighborhood shop since it requires only the basics. 

 

Hopefully, I can wear that P.o.W. before I go to Korea. :slayer:

 

2 " cuff on all pants.

post #20072 of 37396

No but perhaps this is what I need:

 

 

Good luck on the alterations~

post #20073 of 37396

post #20074 of 37396
what's your opinion about the manica a mappina. I like the look but I don't want it might be a fad and dated in the years to come.
or is it timeless?
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-VumeWqYa2LA/TnZeYu8L7hI/AAAAAAAAABs/4E87SyAjfQw/s640/blogger-image--5636993.jpg
my tailor is very good in doing it, actually he favors this type of costruction.


edit: the jacket will be hopsack with patch pockets
Edited by Slh - 3/9/15 at 11:48am
post #20075 of 37396

Noodlers, what is the consensus of "bespoke" tailors who do not alter the clothing they sell?

 

For example, I wanted to make my recently-made shirts altered to have a higher collar with french cuffs. His answer?

"For the cuffs, $60. Regarding the collar, it can't be done. I have too many customers; and these garments are made for you (blah, blah, blah)"

 

So, if I wanted to have my sleeves adjusted? I'm SOL? I'm thinking about leaving him.

post #20076 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slh View Post

what's your opinion about the manica a mappina. I like the look but I don't want it might be a fad and dated in the years to come.
or is it timeless?
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-VumeWqYa2LA/TnZeYu8L7hI/AAAAAAAAABs/4E87SyAjfQw/s640/blogger-image--5636993.jpg
my tailor is very good in doing it, actually he favors this type of costruction.


edit: the jacket will be hopsack with patch pockets

 

Nothing is timeless, but shoulders like that have been around awhile and that won't change quickly. I'd say go for it, especially since it's your tailor's favourite and he's very good at it. It will look just right with hopsack and patch pockets.

 

@Kira if your tailor tells you he has 'too many customers', it means he won't pay you the attention you're entitled to. Take your business elsewhere, to someone who does appreciate his customers.

post #20077 of 37396

Regarding the recent discussion of women's wear.

This is so freaking funny:
 

http://drunkjcrew.tumblr.com/

post #20078 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira View Post

Noodlers, what is the consensus of "bespoke" tailors who do not alter the clothing they sell?

For example, I wanted to make my recently-made shirts altered to have a higher collar with french cuffs. His answer?


"For the cuffs, $60. Regarding the collar, it can't be done. I have too many customers; and these garments are made for you (blah, blah, blah)"

So, if I wanted to have my sleeves adjusted? I'm SOL? I'm thinking about leaving him.

Time to find another tailor.
post #20079 of 37396
Is it possible to have alterations done on the front middle of the pants? Meaning replacing the zipper flys and the worn out fabric?

Going to Field's this Saturday at 1:30 pm. Taking the P.o.W. and hope he can finish before the weather gets better and before I go to Korea.

The birdseye will go to a local tailor as early as today.

@in stitches
When do you put away your P.o.W.?
Edited by The Noodles - 3/10/15 at 8:18am
post #20080 of 37396
NEW FRIDAY CHALLENGE
post #20081 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

@in stitches
When do you put away your P.o.W.?

When I am done all my picnicking, quilting, hamming, and nippling. Or, when its get too uncomfortable to wear it.

Suit looks great, btw. A lil nip might be good, but the drape look also works. I nippled my PoW but left my birdseye alone. Ymmv.
post #20082 of 37396
So I am in need of some advice. This summer I will be working in Oklahoma City, and I don't know what weight of dress slacks I should wear. I'm from Colorado, so I have a fair amount of winter trousers but my summer trousers are not great. I know I should get a pair of grey trousers, but should they be light grey or mid grey? I think I have about $250 to spend currently and maybe a bit more once I get to OKC. If I could get two pairs for my $250 that would be fantastic. I looked at Howard Yount and I could probably swing two pairs of his pants, but the selection seems to be a bit picked over.
post #20083 of 37396
I've ordered a flannel and a dugdale new fine worsted (fresco-esque) from luxire. Haven't gotten them yet, but that's shops place to try I seems. If I only get two pairs Id have mid gray flannel light gray fresco/open weave.
post #20084 of 37396
X-Post from the Tailor's Feedback Thread. If you have a moment, I'd love to get some "thoughtful advice".

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post

Hi-Ya Fellas!

I'd love to get some advise and feedback on this Kent Wang trial suit. Just to be clear, it's a stock 34R. No alterations or changes made. I'm having a MTM summer suit made in the coming weeks and would like to hear some thoughts. I'm also interested in learning more about what works for my body type and things to watch out for moving forward.

I was measured by Kent at a trunk show last year, but never followed thru on ordering till now. Kent's recommendations last year were:

34 jacket
Sleeve -1 cm
Back chest -1.5 cm
Waist +2 cm

30 trouser
Seat +0.5 cm
Front rise +1 cm, back rise -1 cm
Inseam 28.5"

Thanks so much!!!

Front (Click to show)

Side (Click to show)


Back (Click to show)

Trousers (Click to show)



post #20085 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post

I've ordered a flannel and a dugdale new fine worsted (fresco-esque) from luxire. Haven't gotten them yet, but that's shops place to try I seems. If I only get two pairs Id have mid gray flannel light gray fresco/open weave.


I know for shirts it is better to send one in for Luxire to replicate based on adjustments, but is this the best way to do it for pants as well? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)