or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1327

post #19891 of 37392

It's always fascinating to me to see debates over the intersection of quality, style, price, and service/product support in hobbyist contexts.  There's a brilliant book yet to be written analyzing the way this plays out in connoisseur-driven hobby markets like audio, clothing, watches, knives, pens, et al. 

 

Come to think of it, there's probably a pithy article just on the issue of pants buying: "Trousers: Soulcraft or Commodity?" 

 

At any rate, as someone who owns several pairs of HY trousers, if Kent Wang can make a similarly wide range of consistently made pants with better customer support (no puns, please!) at a similar price, he's welcome to eat Jamison's lunch.  Whether I'd rather have three/four pairs of KW trousers, three pairs of Epaulets, or two pair of Rota/Panta is a more complex question. 


Edited by heldentenor - 3/3/15 at 3:06pm
post #19892 of 37392
@lordsuperb
No way Jose on Ralph Lauren Black Label. I bought 2 at full price and sold them fot 400 a piece. Drop is only 7 so heavy duty alteration was required. The dang lapels are too skinny now that taste has changed. I liked their pants with side tabs and no belt loops.

Here is a 38R RLBL Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Somebody asked why I need more suits. Suit required at work and preferred on the Lord's day. 12 suits would be nice but I got bigger issues right now.
post #19893 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post

[...] pants with better customer support (no puns, please!) [...]

I LOL-ed at this.
post #19894 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

I got bigger issues right now.

I'll say.

post #19895 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

I'll say.
Go choke on a lobster roll!
post #19896 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

8 is best. But I like it when my shoes don't look like elf shoes. @in stitches

I am too lazy to properly catch up, so I have no idea what has been going on, but 8.5/8.75 is my ideal dress pants hem opening. It should probably be wider given my shoe size, but I feel like at that point my trouser legs look like tree trunks. Lesser of 2 weevils for me.

---

Noodles, that is actually quite a nice fit pic.
post #19897 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post


Go choke on a lobster roll!

 

 

:lol:

 

<3

post #19898 of 37392
I don't know what I would do without this thread.
Watching re-runs of Oprah probably...
post #19899 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

@lordsuperb
No way Jose on Ralph Lauren Black Label. I bought 2 at full price and sold them fot 400 a piece. Drop is only 7 so heavy duty alteration was required. The dang lapels are too skinny now that taste has changed. I liked their pants with side tabs and no belt loops.

Here is a 38R RLBL Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Somebody asked why I need more suits. Suit required at work and preferred on the Lord's day. 12 suits would be nice but I got bigger issues right now.

This thread is madness. How much weight do you need to lose to wear those formosa's? I'm under the impression no suit will be good enough. Just wear the stuff you already have until you can afford something better.
post #19900 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsuperb View Post


This thread is madness.

 

Yup.

post #19901 of 37392
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsuperb View Post

This thread is madness. How much weight do you need to lose to wear those formosa's? I'm under the impression no suit will be good enough. Just wear the stuff you already have until you can afford something better.

I think the issue is that he doesn't want to wear the Formosas so that they stay in pristine condition forever.
post #19902 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post


I think the issue is that he doesn't want to wear the Formosas so that they stay in pristine condition forever.

 

Then he might as well quit this forum for good. 

post #19903 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

 

Then he might as well quilt this forum for good. 

Fixed

post #19904 of 37392

lol the RLBL's lapels look more balanced on his frame than Formosa's wide ones. of course, there's more to fit than lapel width

post #19905 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywhyy View Post

lol the RLBL's lapels look more balanced on his frame than Formosa's wide ones. of course, there's more to fit than lapel width

This...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)