Where is the suit from, Darkside? Like Unbel said, not bad at all.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1304post #19546 of 376722/25/15 at 8:54pmpost #19547 of 376722/25/15 at 9:12pm
@Coxsackie , I have multiple pairs of glasses from a really simple pair of black gucci rectangular frames that I wear for interviews and important work days, to a pair of crazy giant tortoiseshell frames. I like having multiple pairs and I view them as an accessory. I'm not sure I'm sold on either of these tbh.post #19548 of 376722/25/15 at 11:23pmpost #19549 of 376722/25/15 at 11:45pmpost #19550 of 376722/26/15 at 12:04amQuote:Originally Posted by DeSense
You're kidding. The most prominent feature, sitting on your nose, and you consider to skint.
How about these?
These are better than the ones you modeled Cox, in my humble opinion. Looks lke you might suit smaller frames too.post #19551 of 376722/26/15 at 12:19ampost #19552 of 376722/26/15 at 12:32ampost #19553 of 376722/26/15 at 12:35ampost #19554 of 376722/26/15 at 1:43am
Wow, great response from everyone. Appreciate all the comments, positive or negative.
I have a rotation of about four pairs of specs already, so this was a discretionary purchase; driven in part by opportunity. You see, in Shanghai you can get incredibly cheap prescription lenses. I favour "progressive" lenses, which cost minimum US$500 back in Oz. Here they are about US$150. But one does need a set of frames to put them in.
I just happened to walk past a little retail booth near my hotel which looked to stock a pretty fashion-forward collection, so I tried a few on and thought, yeah, why not. I can get Lindbergs back in Sydney and then have a Sydney optometrist put some progressive lenses in and - whoosh - there goes a grand. I'd rather put that order of coin towards a bespoke suit project.
So anyway I ended up buying the faux-Shurons. Caught the metro over to Shanghai Railway Station and dropped in on My Man at the Sanye Optical Plaza. 30 minutes later I had my progressive lenses (which are great) and I'm as happy as a pig in shit.
Not only that. Everybody who's seen them has commented on how cool they are.
Still, you guys are great and this is a legendary thread. Thanks again!post #19555 of 376722/26/15 at 1:47amQuote:
Universal problem for me, but easy fixed. Just pinch the little nose rests closer together and hey presto, glasses sit higher.
The bridge of my nose is incredibly thin. Blame my Slavic genes!post #19556 of 376722/26/15 at 3:46am
My rx is pretty low and I bought like 3 pairs of glasses from coastal for about 20 bucks each shipped when they had a 'first pair free' offer going on.
I have a pair of giant tortoishell, a rounder one like I posted, and a pair of black frames where the bottoms are thin/metal and the top is thicker.post #19557 of 376722/26/15 at 4:05ampost #19558 of 376722/26/15 at 4:21amQuote:
Thanks for the feedback everyone. The suit is full-canvas MTM from Andrew Lock, who is actually a SF affiliate. Shirt and tie are Kamakura. According to @europrep, Andrew and Kent Wang use the same manufacturer.post #19559 of 376722/26/15 at 4:41amI’m looking around for a versatile jacket, something i can wear with flannel trousers and cotton trousers and something I can wear casually and at the office.
I was thinking about a medium navy jacket with patch pockets ( but welted breast pocket, patch breast is not my thing) in hopsack.
How would you rate this jacket in term of versatility? Considering here the summer is very hot and the winter mild ( 15C- 60F)post #19560 of 376722/26/15 at 4:47am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 9 minutes ago
- › Brioni summer sportscoat US 46 EU 56 11 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 12 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 15 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 17 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...