or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1291

post #19351 of 37396
What's with all the pointy chukkas floating around SF these days?
post #19352 of 37396
Clags, have you ever tried a collar with less spread? Pretty sure they are all the same, but just askin...

What's the lecture on?

NS1, it looks good from that angle. Trying getting some better shots.

I love shirred shoulders on jackets and shirts.
post #19353 of 37396
Thread Starter 
I have. Wasnt happy. Didnt feel like me.

Lecturing a business comm class for a semester. It's being recorded for a movement to online format. But the quality is awful.
post #19354 of 37396
Fair nuff

I have a strong dislike for pointy or chiseled chukkas, Unbel.....no h8 Elio!
post #19355 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Clags, have you ever tried a collar with less spread? Pretty sure they are all the same, but just askin...

What's the lecture on?

NS1, it looks good from that angle. Trying getting some better shots.

I love shirred shoulders on jackets and shirts.

 

I'll see if I can get some better shots next time I wear it.  The snow is a fallin in Chicago today and not much natural light is coming through my office windows.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Fair nuff

I have a strong dislike for pointy or chiseled chukkas, Unbel.....no h8 Elio!

 

Did you go in on that Carmina Rain last suede chukka GMTO?

post #19356 of 37396
Nope and it was because the last. I know Rain is a soft chisel, but I like a nice round toe with chukkas. If it were Forest, I probably would have been in.
post #19357 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Nope and it was because the last. I know Rain is a soft chisel, but I like a nice round toe with chukkas. If it were Forest, I probably would have been in.

 

It was a tough decision for me.  I e-mailed Betty about round toe options before getting in on this GMTO because Forest or Oscar would have been my first choices.  Soller and Detroit were the only options, and, as much as I love Soller for a real boot, I thought it was borderline bulbous for a suede chukka.  I even stared at my Rain last suede balmorals for awhile trying to decide if they were too pointy for a chukka.  In the end, the five eyelet design and @europrep 's pictures won me over.

post #19358 of 37396
Good decision. It's a good looking boot.
post #19359 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

It was a tough decision for me.  I e-mailed Betty about round toe options before getting in on this GMTO because Forest or Oscar would have been my first choices.  Soller and Detroit were the only options, and, as much as I love Soller for a real boot, I thought it was borderline bulbous for a suede chukka.  I even stared at my Rain last suede balmorals for awhile trying to decide if they were too pointy for a chukka.  In the end, the five eyelet design and @europrep 's pictures won me over.


I think the rain is a beautiful last. The 5 eyelets will help with softening the elongated expanse at the toe I think.

post #19360 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post
 


I think the rain is a beautiful last. The 5 eyelets will help with softening the elongated expanse at the toe I think.

 

Agreed.  I think the suede softens it as well.  Rain last suede and calf:

 

 

post #19361 of 37396
Undoubtedly it isnt your decision, but recorded lectures as a format for OL education is terrible, regardless of the production quality. Short multimedia pieces are okay and can help make a personal connection to the students in what is often an impersonal environment, but that's about the limit. The didactic style just doesn't translate to online. Better to adopt an active learning or discussion learning approach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

I have. Wasnt happy. Didnt feel like me.

Lecturing a business comm class for a semester. It's being recorded for a movement to online format. But the quality is awful.
post #19362 of 37396
Thread Starter 
Agreed. Only a small portion of the OL class will involve recorded lectures.
post #19363 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

Agreed.  I think the suede softens it as well.  Rain last suede and calf:

 

 


I definitely don't think pointy when I look at the rain. Sleek, but not pointy.

post #19364 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post

I've been trying to think about what I can wear it with but drawing a blank.

@EliodA why the no


I just don't like the style, would have liked it better without the brogueing.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

@kulata deal!

@EliodA You're kidding? You've worn those? Really?

 

LOL, yeah I knew those 'football shoes' would get a lot of h8 here! Wear them with beat up jeans and a polo shirt or so. Strictly weekend wear.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

What's with all the pointy chukkas floating around SF these days?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Fair nuff

I have a strong dislike for pointy or chiseled chukkas, Unbel.....no h8 Elio!

 

I have tiny feet, pointy shoes make them appear a little more in proportion with my fat a***

post #19365 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

For me it's all about comfort. The extra room that a shirred shoulder gives makes a big difference. I just feel so much more comfortable and at ease when I'm wearing a shirred shoulder

Your experience is different from mine. I find no difference in the size of the sleeve head between a regular shoulder and shirred shoulder when controlled for the same maker. I find the amount of drape has greater effect on comfort during movement than the size of the sleeve head.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)