or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1288

post #19306 of 37396

Thanks! :cheers:

post #19307 of 37396
Whatchu gettin, Elio?
post #19308 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Whatchu gettin, Elio?

 

OK, i'll give you the long story then: I recently purchased a length of very nice vintage cloth online. Since there's not a single decent tailor to be found in this country, I thought I could try in Singapore because I have to travel there every now and then. But I found out the only acceptable options there have waiting lists of up to a year. I'm too impatient for that, so I'm considering going the Luxire route. I have seen some very good results (e.g. from @Monkeyface and others). I like it that you can send in your best fitting jacket or trousers which they appear to be able to replicate almost flawlessly. I happen to own a few things that I consider having a perfect fit and silhouette, so I'd much rather put my trust in Luxire than in an unknown tailor with unpredictable results. I only fear that the logistical nightmare may be prohibitive: the cloth is still in England and shipping to/from Indonesia is slow, expensive and not entirely reliable...

post #19309 of 37396
Sounds exciting and fraught with danger! Hope it all works out for the best.

Going for a full suit? 3 pc?
post #19310 of 37396
Thanks, mate. As much as I'd like a 3pc, there's not much use for it here. And there's not enough cloth anyway.
post #19311 of 37396
Hear dat. Update us as the story progresses?
post #19312 of 37396

Will do :nodding:

post #19313 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

OK, i'll give you the long story then: I recently purchased a length of very nice vintage cloth online. Since there's not a single decent tailor to be found in this country, I thought I could try in Singapore because I have to travel there every now and then. But I found out the only acceptable options there have waiting lists of up to a year. I'm too impatient for that, so I'm considering going the Luxire route. I have seen some very good results (e.g. from @Monkeyface
and others). I like it that you can send in your best fitting jacket or trousers which they appear to be able to replicate almost flawlessly. I happen to own a few things that I consider having a perfect fit and silhouette, so I'd much rather put my trust in Luxire than in an unknown tailor with unpredictable results. I only fear that the logistical nightmare may be prohibitive: the cloth is still in England and shipping to/from Indonesia is slow, expensive and not entirely reliable...

Can I help in anyway with the shipping plans or is the unreliability/palaver your end? smile.gif
post #19314 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post


Can I help in anyway with the shipping plans or is the unreliability/palaver your end? smile.gif

 

Thanks a lot for your offer, mate. But I guess you could say that it's my end that's unreliable :p

post #19315 of 37396
TWSS rimshot.gif
post #19316 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

Thanks, mate. As much as I'd like a 3pc, there's not much use for it here. And there's not enough cloth anyway.

 

trews, sure. I have MTM Luxire trews and have been pleased with the workman-like result.  But a jacket is an entirely different animal.

Have you seen a Luxire suit jacket that you admire?  I haven't.   It'd be like taking a Ferrari to your local foundry and saying 'Here, replicate this".  I don't want to rain on your parade E, but I don't like it. I don't like it at all. 

post #19317 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 

 

trews, sure. I have MTM Luxire trews and have been pleased with the workman-like result.  But a jacket is an entirely different animal.

Have you seen a Luxire suit jacket that you admire?  I haven't.   It'd be like taking a Ferrari to your local foundry and saying 'Here, replicate this".  I don't want to rain on your parade E, but I don't like it. I don't like it at all. 

 

Thanks, Pliny. TBH I'm still on the fence about it, and that's why I've been paging @Monkeyface because I seem to remember he had one of his Partenopea jackets replicated with good results. Of course, I don't expect them to make a Ferrari for that price, but that's ok because I already own a few of those :cool:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Well, the sartorial equivalent perhaps... ;)
post #19318 of 37396
Elio you could have the fabric sent from the UK directly to Luxire. I went this route a couple of weeks ago (CMT with KW, not Luxire) because shipping in and out of here is similarly slow, unreliable, expensive, etc.
post #19319 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 

 

trews, sure. I have MTM Luxire trews and have been pleased with the workman-like result.  But a jacket is an entirely different animal.

Have you seen a Luxire suit jacket that you admire?  I haven't.   It'd be like taking a Ferrari to your local foundry and saying 'Here, replicate this".  I don't want to rain on your parade E, but I don't like it. I don't like it at all. 

 

Thanks, Pliny. TBH I'm still on the fence about it, and that's why I've been paging @Monkeyface because I seem to remember he had one of his Partenopea jackets replicated with good results. Of course, I don't expect them to make a Ferrari for that price, but that's ok because I already own a few of those :cool:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Well, the sartorial equivalent perhaps... ;)

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssdc View Post

Elio you could have the fabric sent from the UK directly to Luxire. I went this route a couple of weeks ago (CMT with KW, not Luxire) because shipping in and out of here is similarly slow, unreliable, expensive, etc.

 

+1  Cloth merchants IME  will send anywhere u want.  But perhaps you could use one of Luxire's less expensive stock cloths to start with rather than running the risk that they mess up a cloth you really love. 

post #19320 of 37396
What I'm perhaps most worried about is sending them one of my favourite jackets...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)