or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1283

post #19231 of 37395

:lurk:


Edited by The Noodles - 3/3/15 at 7:58am
post #19232 of 37395
Yes. Zip it and your chances of BnT are going to increase exponentially.
post #19233 of 37395

Well, my wife is a professional fashion designer and an absolute perfectionist in her work, so I'm fairly certain that she can at least partially understand what is going on around here. Then again, two days ago, I was browsing SF while she was sitting next to me with her ipad, when I came across a post with a pic of one of @Patrick R's superb Despos suits. I couldn't help exclaiming "Wow, look at that!" She barely looked up and I explained: "Look at that suit!" She kept looking at me with an expression that looked suspiciously like "Why did I marry that nerd?"

On  the spending front, since she's literally buying clothes on a daily basis due to her profession, I don't have to justify my purchases. Problem is, after she's done with hers, there usually isn't much left to spend :D

post #19234 of 37395

:lurk:


Edited by The Noodles - 3/3/15 at 7:57am
post #19235 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

Spillover discussion from WAYWRN.

 

He said: "Why won't you let me buy any classic menswear?"

She said: "Because you already have too many. Why do you always have to spend so much? Why can't you get something less expensive but just as good?"

He said: "I always get you the best stuff that we can buy so I want the same standards to be applied to me."

She said: "Stop being so childish. You can get what you want but you've had so many big purchases lately. You seem like you're addicted to this whole SF/Classic Menswear thing. You need to focus more on us."

He said: "..."

 

I would say a few things:
 
1) I personally believe that clothing purchases should be negligible to the budget. If you are spending so much money that you need approval of purchases or you are raising the ire of a spouse, you have gone overboard.
 
2) I don't believe "the best stuff" is a legitimate description of purchases being made for Mr. or Mrs. Noodles. That is not a criticism, but a reframing of the situation.
 
3)  "Stop being so childish. You can get what you want but you've had so many big purchases lately. You seem like you're addicted to this whole SF/Classic Menswear thing. You need to focus more on us."

If this is a real statement from your wife and you aren't interested in blowing up your relationship, turn off the computer, walk away from the forum for a bit, and focus on more important things.

post #19236 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post
 

Well, my wife is a professional fashion designer and an absolute perfectionist in her work, so I'm fairly certain that she can at least partially understand what is going on around here. Then again, two days ago, I was browsing SF while she was sitting next to me with her ipad, when I came across a post with a pic of one of @Patrick R's superb Despos suits. I couldn't help exclaiming "Wow, look at that!" She barely looked up and I explained: "Look at that suit!" She kept looking at me with an expression that looked suspiciously like "Why did I marry that nerd?"

On  the spending front, since she's literally buying clothes on a daily basis due to her profession, I don't have to justify my purchases. Problem is, after she's done with hers, there usually isn't much left to spend :D


I would like this story better if your wife had the unbridled reaction to my pictures. :hide:

post #19237 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post

If this is a real statement from your wife and you aren't interested in blowing up your relationship, turn off the computer, walk away from the forum for a bit, and focus on more important things.

Defo.

Women tend to over state things and resort to hyperbole in general. Husband says that to wife, instant death. Wife says it to husband, he sighs, moves along, and waits for the situation to simmer down.

Very stereotypical thing to say, I know, but its not like there is no truth to it.
post #19238 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post
I would like this story better if your wife had the unbridled reaction to my pictures. :hide:
 

 

:rotflmao:

post #19239 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

Spillover discussion from WAYWRN.

 

He said: "Why won't you let me buy any classic menswear?"

She said: "Because you already have too many. Why do you always have to spend so much? Why can't you get something less expensive but just as good?"

He said: "I always get you the best stuff that we can buy so I want the same standards to be applied to me."

She said: "Stop being so childish. You can get what you want but you've had so many big purchases lately. You seem like you're addicted to this whole SF/Classic Menswear thing. You need to focus more on us."

He said: "..."

 

This sounds to me as though her reaction to your shopping/interest in menswear is merely the manifestation of something deeper. She doesnt feel like you are as invested in her and your relationship as you should be. Fix that and she wont care what else you are doing with your (spare) time and money.

post #19240 of 37395
:lurk:

Edited by The Noodles - 3/3/15 at 7:57am
post #19241 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

This sounds to me as though her reaction to your shopping/interest in menswear is merely the manifestation of something deeper. She doesnt feel like you are as invested in her and your relationship as you should be. Fix that and she wont care what else you are doing with your (spare) time and money.

Another winner of a insight. Start doing a weekly date night. Which, btw, is a great idea for couples in general.
post #19242 of 37395
:lurk:

Edited by The Noodles - 3/3/15 at 7:57am
post #19243 of 37395

:lurk:


Edited by The Noodles - 3/3/15 at 7:57am
post #19244 of 37395
Polish? Come on Noodles.....no.
post #19245 of 37395

:lurk:


Edited by The Noodles - 3/3/15 at 7:57am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)