Patrick R, I heart your list!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1279post #19171 of 374822/14/15 at 1:37pmpost #19172 of 374822/14/15 at 2:44pmpost #19173 of 374822/14/15 at 4:13pm
Friends, I’m looking for a Tattersall or similarly patterned shirt approximately in the scale of the one shown. As it’s to be worn with a countrified tweed odd jacket, I don’t want the collar to be too formal (no wide spreads, e.g.) but I still want the collar points to fit under the lapel.
Acpost #19174 of 374822/14/15 at 5:28pm
You'll find many offerings from the likes of Barbour, Viyella, Bonart, Peter England etc. that will fit your requirements.post #19175 of 374822/14/15 at 5:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by EliodA
You'll find many offerings from the likes of Barbour, Viyella, Bonart, Peter England etc. that will fit your requirements.
Exactly what I'm looking for. A thousand thanks.
Acpost #19176 of 374822/15/15 at 12:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Patrick R
Here's how I would roll. Simplified with links to a single brand from a single store.
Cool and colder seasons:
2 mid grey flannel (http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/medium-grey-wool-flannel-trousers-2504.html)
1 light grey flannel (http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/light-grey-herringbone-wool-flannel-trousers-2505.html)
1 mid brown flannel (http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/brown-herringbone-wool-flannel-trousers.html)
1 beige flannel (http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/fawn-wool-flannel-trousers.html)
1 mid khaki chino (http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/medium-tan-cavalry-twill-cotton-trousers-2500.html)
1 light beige chino (http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/beige-lightweight-cotton-twill-trousers.html)
2 light grey worsted (http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/light-grey-wool-trousers.html)
1 beige linen (http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/beige-twill-linen-trousers.html)
Wow! Thanks for this I'm planning on going bespoke for the trousers but the links are hugely usefulpost #19177 of 374822/15/15 at 1:21ampost #19178 of 374822/15/15 at 2:19ampost #19179 of 374822/15/15 at 6:07am
As a former tie thread, two flags:
1. This tie came up again
I quite like it, the blue is a bit darker than stock photo and it is 8cm (3.15) width.
@Cleav you asked earlier, so that's how I wear it.
1. And...further reduction on this beauty.
Not sure why this tie is still available.post #19180 of 374822/15/15 at 6:17ampost #19181 of 374822/15/15 at 6:18ampost #19182 of 374822/15/15 at 6:25ampost #19183 of 374822/15/15 at 6:36am
Quote:Originally Posted by EliodA
@TweedyProf both ties and both fits are very, very nice! The Drakes is not too narrow in your opinion? Looks ok to me...
Yes, the Drake's is 8cm (I measured since Claghorn worried about this last time I posted). I'm sure this is the same tie I have. Untipped, handrolled edges very soft hand and light.
I prefer 9cm for most of my ties (or 8.5), but 8cm is just right for wool.
Edited by TweedyProf - 2/15/15 at 11:19ampost #19184 of 374822/15/15 at 10:54amThread Starterpost #19185 of 374822/15/15 at 10:55am
A few questions:
1. For double cuffs, should a tall person (6'0 with 25" sleeves) expose the entire cuff or enough to show the cufflink?
2. What do you use for hand washing your own clothes? I read some of the other threads, and they recommended a diluted solution of white vinegar and cold water. The problem resides in the MOP buttons on the shirts. Some SFers reported the acid "eating" the buttons.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 27 seconds ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 33 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 34 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...