or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1236

post #18526 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

White is more formal than blue. 

And if you want to be very formal...your shirt should be french cuff and you would wear a black, midnight/navy, grey or silver tie and black plain captoe oxfords. 

Okay - so we could go with either of these two options :

Most formal:

Navy tie, white french cuff shirt, black shoes

Less formal:

Brown tie, blue shirt, burgundy shoes

Right?
post #18527 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Yes.

As for B&T, I say let Incontro work his magic.  I hope you have been following their Tumblr feed because they have some beautiful stuff coming out of there.

Absolutely going to! I think I'll let him pick the fabric for me. I might take a photo of what I have in my wardrobe just in case.

As Claghorn suggested I will go for a suit first - from that other things can obviously flow.

May I get some suggestions on styling? I was planning to go for two patch pockets on the jacket.
post #18528 of 37395

JFrat, I'm looking forward to seeing your pics of which outfit come out of this. I'm imagining you'll look great.

post #18529 of 37395

Definitively. 

post #18530 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrater View Post


Absolutely going to! I think I'll let him pick the fabric for me. I might take a photo of what I have in my wardrobe just in case.

As Claghorn suggested I will go for a suit first - from that other things can obviously flow.

May I get some suggestions on styling? I was planning to go for two patch pockets on the jacket.

 

You could go with the unofficial styleforum suit.

 

Minnis Fresco 0520 blazer suit - 3roll2, notch lapel, triple patch pocket, horn or mop buttons. 

 

Then you get a blazer and a suit in one commission...meant for spring/summer use. 

post #18531 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

You could go with the unofficial styleforum suit.

Minnis Fresco 0520 blazer suit - 3roll2, notch lapel, triple patch pocket, horn or mop buttons. 

Then you get a blazer and a suit in one commission...meant for spring/summer use. 

Do you happen to know of a picture of what this looks like? Would I be right in presuming that @Claghorn has this very thing somewhere?
post #18532 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

 

You could go with the unofficial styleforum suit.

 

Minnis Fresco 0520 blazer suit - 3roll2, notch lapel, triple patch pocket, horn or mop buttons. 

 

Then you get a blazer and a suit in one commission...meant for spring/summer use. 

 

Yes please...this is Tchoy in his 0520 from B&T via Incontro in Sydney

 

post #18533 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrater View Post


Do you happen to know of a picture of what this looks like? Would I be right in presuming that @Claghorn has this very thing somewhere?

 

Google "Minnis Fresco 0520 Suit"

post #18534 of 37395

Triple patch pocket btw is my preference for a casual blazer suit...with the option to use the blazer as a separate. 

 

You could ofc go double patch pocket + barchetta breast pocket. 

post #18535 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post
 

 

Yes please...this is Tchoy in his 0520 from B&T via Incontro in Sydney

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

tchoy is a boss. his fits are fucking money. 

post #18536 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

 

tchoy is a boss. his fits are fucking money. 

 

Truth.

post #18537 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Yes please...this is Tchoy in his 0520 from B&T via Incontro in Sydney



Wow that looks great! Nice color too. I guess that answers that then smile.gif I ordered some nice fabric online - if that arrives I might get a jacket at the same time.
post #18538 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

 

Very interesting, thanks for letting me know! Would you mind posting a pic or two of the jacket you have now, and perhaps keep us posted on the results of the second jacket? It'd be much appreciated!

 

 

Just posted on the Luxire thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/luxire-custom-clothing-official-affiliate-thread/15300_50#post_7659248

post #18539 of 37395

There's a handwritten contract on my refrigerator.  The upshot: if I buy no clothing beyond pre-existing commitments (i.e. Claghorn's group buy tie) between February 1 and May 1, I'm allowing myself an MTM blazersuit, likely in that fabric.   

 

What's the consensus on fresco vs. hopsack for a blazersuit, by the way?  Is it down to preference or are there concrete reasons for one rather than the other? 

post #18540 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakaway01 View Post
 

 

Just posted on the Luxire thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/luxire-custom-clothing-official-affiliate-thread/15300_50#post_7659248

 

Wow, that's quite a detailed writeup! Thank you!

 

It looks very good, but like you said, it has lost a bit of the drape in the chest and the shoulders look more structured. Overall, I'd be very happy with a result like that, but I do hope they'll be able to get it right next time. Please let me know if they do, as I'm looking forward to sending in my jacket to make a nice navy Minnis flannel or fresco blazer suit, depending on what season I'll order it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)