or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1212

post #18166 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

Alright, so, separate thread time?

 

I'd definitely be down for a Frui group buy. Been eyeing them for awhile.

post #18167 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

It is exactly what I had in mind.

Excellent!
post #18168 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Right-sized pics...

For the ties, 4, 6, 7 are the top tier for me. The neat is nice, but probably not the first I'd pick, so second tier along with 1 and 2. 5 is third tier, and 3 looks like someone dragged a stiff brush against a loosely woven tie. No me gusta.

The dubs use the more pleasing swept-back config of the straps/buckles. Thumbs up.

I'm going to try to wear the shoes tomorrow - I'll try to fit in one of the Vandas too. Let's hope I do good on my combos!
post #18169 of 37395
Not my style, but those Bontoni are really nice.

Down for the tie buy.
post #18170 of 37395
Thread Starter 

Alright, I reached out to Changjin (BnT) for an introduction to Frui.

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/451445/frui-tie-sf-group-buy-interest-check/0_20

post #18171 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Is there any rush? If not, then go with Kent Wang. You'd need to get the charcoal trial suit first, and then you work from there. The nice thing is that once you get everything dialed in with Kent Wang, it's really easy to add suits, pants, and jackets as you go on.

I've never noticed much difference between half and full canvassed (though there is a difference).

Regardless, gray and navy over navy and navy. And medium gray is a good bet.

Hi Clag, thanks for the reply. I am not in a hurry. I think I will make an appointment with Kent Wang when I go to NY next month.

If you were to compare Ring Jacket and RLBL, which one would come out?
post #18172 of 37395
Well my Exquisite Trimmings order just arrived unexpectedly.

OMG. Rubinacci pocket squares are 100% the nicest I have ever laid my hands on. Absolutely amazing. @Pliny sure wasn't kidding when he recommended them.

ET packaging is pretty damned amazing too actually.

That's pretty much the end of my tie/pocket square shopping spree so hopefully I can start putting some of this amazing stuff you have all recommended to good use.

One question: What are whole cut shoes best with? I have a navy pair - are they best for suits, best for sports coats, or either?
post #18173 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrater View Post

Well my Exquisite Trimmings order just arrived unexpectedly.

OMG. Rubinacci pocket squares are 100% the nicest I have ever laid my hands on. Absolutely amazing. @Pliny sure wasn't kidding when he recommended them.

ET packaging is pretty damned amazing too actually.

That's pretty much the end of my tie/pocket square shopping spree so hopefully I can start putting some of this amazing stuff you have all recommended to good use.

One question: What are whole cut shoes best with? I have a navy pair - are they best for suits, best for sports coats, or either?

Looking forward to you showing us more combinations like this one soon. That was good stuff!

Navy wholecuts? Ehmm, for gardening maybe?
post #18174 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

Looking forward to you showing us more combinations like this one soon. That was good stuff!

Navy wholecuts? Ehmm, for gardening maybe?

Haha very funny smile.gif They are very beautiful shoes - navy cordovan. It's these ones:

post #18175 of 37395

To me, that's a shoe for very formal suits--I think it might actually go best with evening wear.  It's certainly a "statement" shoe in any context you wear it. 

post #18176 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post

To me, that's a shoe for very formal suits--I think it might actually go best with evening wear.  It's certainly a "statement" shoe in any context you wear it. 

This.
post #18177 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrater View Post

Haha very funny smile.gif They are very beautiful shoes - navy cordovan. It's these ones:

They are indeed really nice. It's just a personal thing, I guess. I don't like wholecuts and I don't like blue shoes...
post #18178 of 37395
Cordovan definitely doesn't go with evening wear (at least with respect to black tie, not just a random suit in the evening). I don't really see a wholecut as being particularly formal. They're kind of a weird novelty item, but I guess I'd wear those shoes with a suit if anything.
post #18179 of 37395
Yeah, I didn't mean black tie.
post #18180 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Yeah, I didn't mean black tie.


Nor me, but if he has a midnight blue suit for non-black tie cocktail parties, etc., that's probably the shoes' best use. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)