Good choice. Looking forward to seeing the result.
@jfrater I've got two Kent Wang suits and here is what I would recommend:
- Go with the soft shoulder. The standard shoulder is okay, but not anything special. When I asked about the roped shoulder a year ago, Kent did not have any pictures of it, so I have no idea how it looks.
- Go with limited pick stitching. The extensive pick stitching is way over the top.
- Absolutely go full canvas.
- The wide lapel is really, really wide. It's 4.25 inches, whereas the standard lapel is 3.5 inch. I have both and am leaning towards the standard lapel on the next one because I feel 4.25 inches is a little too much.
- Both of my suits are the 2 button model, but I will likely go 3 roll 2 on the next one after seeing a picture where it looked much nicer IMO.
- On your first suit, give yourself a little room in your final modifications. If it's a little long in the pants or sleeves or big in the chest, you can take it to a tailor to modify. If you end up a little short or tight in those categories, you've got a suit that you may not be able to wear.
@Pliny has suits from Kent Wang as well and may also be able to pass along some helpful hints.
I'd say unequivocal hate for most anything is moronic. But yeah, black shoes should get more love than they do. I have a pair of black captoe bluchers that I should make an effort to wear more often, especially the rare times that my outfit has no brown and is entirely blue based.