or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1200

post #17986 of 37405
Don't get suddenly interested in vicuna, whatever you do, or drugs, I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrater View Post

Haha no - it is a personality disorder I think - when I get interested in something I become very obsessed with perfecting my knowledge of that thing. With menswear it means buying stuff to learn smile.gif

You should see my bathroom cupboards after my foray into gentlemen's grooming products and my house is full of taxidermy from my interest in dead animals.
post #17987 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

Don't get suddenly interested in vicuna, whatever you do, or drugs, I guess.

I already bought a vicuna tie - that has quelled my desire (for now!)

Definitely keeping away from drugs - and I don't drink alcohol now due to my inability to stop at one.
post #17988 of 37405

His kopp rate is nothing like we have seen before. 

post #17989 of 37405
Trying to resist the urge on this. Should I get it? I need new light weight summer shirts. IIRC, the EP fit is good in the body, but the collar is a bit tight and the sleeves/shoulders a tad long. Would get the cutaway collar as I have too many button-downs. Thanks!



**Indigo Gingham Lawn (GDK6-400): A perfect, classic summer shirt. This lawn fabric is an extremely lightweight cotton. The mid-scale gingham is an easy pattern to match to anything, but the fabric overall is indigo-dyed, giving it a light blue ground against a navy check, and taking it out of the usual boring white-blue gingham world.



http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/epaulet-by-gitman-bros-spring-2015-ends-for-friends
post #17990 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanagi View Post

I really want to buy a pair of Edward Green or Gaziano & Girling from Skoak, but I gotta discipline myself: job first, splurge second.

You have your priorities straight, sir.
post #17991 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post

Trying to resist the urge on this. Should I get it? I need new light weight summer shirts. IIRC, the EP fit is good in the body, but the collar is a bit tight and the sleeves/shoulders a tad long. Would get the cutaway collar as I have too many button-downs. Thanks!

If the fit isn't right, resist. Why buy something your not entirely happy with?
post #17992 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrater View Post


Haha no - it is a personality disorder I think - when I get interested in something I become very obsessed with perfecting my knowledge of that thing. With menswear it means buying stuff to learn smile.gif

You should see my bathroom cupboards after my foray into gentlemen's grooming products and my house is full of taxidermy from my interest in dead animals.

 

post #17993 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post



Who is that?
post #17994 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

His kopp rate is nothing like we have seen before.

 

It even beats Stitchie back in his prime a few years ago.

post #17995 of 37405

Doing my best impersonation of a Yoox model as I try on this Cantarelli jacket.  Beyond the fact that I clearly need a long, I'm wondering if I've found a new maker that fits me as I suspect the button point on a long will go down a half inch or so.

 

post #17996 of 37405

how tall is you NewShoes?

post #17997 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrater View Post


Who is that?

 

It's Brad Wesley from an American cult-classic movie Road House. The character had an extensive taxidermy collection himself.

post #17998 of 37405

6'2", so too tall for most R's and most L's are fairly long on me.  That's why I'm really loving the recent trend of shorter jackets as the long's fit me much better now.

post #17999 of 37405

Tall man. A long would be much better. 

post #18000 of 37405
Even the Cantarelli L are too short for my taste. It's hard to tell with that upward angle, but I think another inch or so in the long should be alright for you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)