or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1166

post #17476 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB View Post

@jfrater all input welcome, thanks. Inspiring to see your improvements.

@TweedyProf ah, hadn't thought of the impact of cuffs, good point. Height is 6' inseam shy of 32. The rule of thumb I've seen on the board is height/2 - 4, which puts me at a length of 32, but I take your point that there are many influences. Frustrating when no length appears great X(


You and I are same height and inseam (close enough). I find 29.5 the shortest I will go, which is not ideal, but I live with it, with 30 as my ideal. 30.5 is ok, but 31 feels too long. But I'm happy with a one inch range on length. Perhaps those numbers might work for you too. So, I think the brown linen is probably fine and the Eidos too long though not obscenely (i.e. if you really love the suit, then I'd think ok to keep).

post #17477 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Kind of working on C. And by working on, I mean hoping to win the lottery.

 

Our apartment came with really great floor-to-ceiling wardrobes in addition to a walk-in closet fortunately.  My wife got the walk-in and half of the wardrobes, but what I have works.  Except for shoe storage which I need a solution for.  This is for suits/jackets/trousers.  The shirts from the other pic are in a identically sized wardrobe that has a different configuration with more racks like this one has at the top for jeans, sweaters, socks etc.

 

 

.

post #17478 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrater View Post


It slipped out while I was sitting - it's a very light cotton. I normally prefer a smaller puff too. The shirt is more a lilac than a pink and yes it's summer here smile.gif I didn't really think about the fact that the tie is autumnal - I will consider that when choosing in future too. I had to wear that tie out at least once because I had lusted after it for some time smile.gif


Viola Milano? They had lots of tricolors this season.

 

The colors are very autumnal and with the strong herringbone, doesn't mesh so well with the rest of the outfit which has the look of spring. There's a drake indigo raw silk from this past season SS which might be nice in that fit: purple-blue, but light enough.

post #17479 of 37396
Jfrat, a pic of the fit from earlier, but with better lighting to properly reflect the color of the jacket, would make feedback more accurate, if you are able to do that.
post #17480 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post


Viola Milano? They had lots of tricolors this season.

The colors are very autumnal and with the strong herringbone, doesn't mesh so well with the rest of the outfit which has the look of spring. There's a drake indigo raw silk from this past season SS which might be nice in that fit: purple-blue, but light enough.

The tie is Liverano and Liverano from The Armoury. Where would I find the drakes you mentioned?
post #17481 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post


Viola Milano? They had lots of tricolors this season.

The colors are very autumnal and with the strong herringbone, doesn't mesh so well with the rest of the outfit which has the look of spring. There's a drake indigo raw silk from this past season SS which might be nice in that fit: purple-blue, but light enough.

I like a tricolour, just got one in actual fact....
post #17482 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Jfrat, a pic of the fit from earlier, but with better lighting to properly reflect the color of the jacket, would make feedback more accurate, if you are able to do that.

Yeah I need to get my location and photos sorted out once and for all! Alas the day has passed and I am no longer wearing that frown.gif new pic of today's clothes coming soon
post #17483 of 37396
I await the next combo with great excitement.
post #17484 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringodaddy View Post
 

 

Our apartment came with really great floor-to-ceiling wardrobes in addition to a walk-in closet fortunately.  My wife got the walk-in and half of the wardrobes, but what I have works.  Except for shoe storage which I need a solution for.  This is for suits/jackets/trousers.  The shirts from the other pic are in a identically sized wardrobe that has a different configuration with more racks like this one has at the top for jeans, sweaters, socks etc.

.

 

You have thirteen trousers... why the odd and 'unlucky' number?

post #17485 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira View Post
 
 

 

You have thirteen trousers... why the odd and 'unlucky' number?

 

It's more or less just what happens when you have twelve pair and then buy another ...

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #17486 of 37396
Okay - here's today's outfit.





Jacket: Belvest
Tie: Hober (@Claghorn recommended purchase)
Shirt: Kiton
Trousers: Brioni
Shoes: Allen Edmonds
post #17487 of 37396

Which tie is that from Hober? I really like it.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfrater View Post

Okay - here's today's outfit.





Jacket: Belvest
Tie: Hober (@Claghorn recommended purchase)
Shirt: Kiton
Trousers: Brioni
Shoes: Allen Edmonds

 

post #17488 of 37396
post #17489 of 37396

Thanks!

Annnnnnnnnnnnd, added to my Wish List on Hober.

How many folds is yours? The knot and dimple look great.

post #17490 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereNext View Post

Thanks!
Annnnnnnnnnnnd, added to my Wish List on Hober.
How many folds is yours? The knot and dimple look great.

It is a self-tipped four fold I think. I always get 58" long and 3.5 wide.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)