or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1108

post #16606 of 37408

@Cleav

Can you share some real live pix of your Cappelli ties?

It is a bit hard to judge how it looks from his website.

And yes, I am considering Cappelli since I have gone thru other SF affiliates.  

post #16607 of 37408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

A BlazerSuitTM is the answer for noodles. Navy flannel, patchpockets and brown buttons.

Exactly what I said and posted...except not quite navy. Noddles must do this.

Noodles, Cappeli ties are great. I have a couple and really like them. I'm on the Vanda train at the moment though...just got my first one and it's amazing.
post #16608 of 37408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post


Exactly what I said and posted...except not quite navy. Noddles must do this.

Noodles, Cappeli ties are great. I have a couple and really like them. I'm on the Vanda train at the moment though...just got my first one and it's amazing.

I'll do something with the jackets. Navy jacket with light grey pants would be ideal.

 

Yeah, I've gone thru Vanda, Sam Hober, and NMWA and now will carefully consider Cappeli.

post #16609 of 37408
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

@Cleav

Can you share some real live pix of your Cappelli ties?
It is a bit hard to judge how it looks from his website.
And yes, I am considering Cappelli since I have gone thru other SF affiliates.  

I can old friend, also look here. http://www.styleforum.net/t/289105/e-g-cappelli-store-now-live/570

PKL just got an equally big haul and lots of others chipping in.

I know you had 'an experience' previously and that was unfortunate. My experience couldn't be more different. If I've said this before then I apologise - I needed a tie double quick, I had an idea in mind on a particular fit for an important meeting. I pm'd Pat with the idea and received the tie inside a few days all in good time. Nothing is too much trouble.








post #16610 of 37408
Cleav

They are driving on the wrong side of the road!!!

smile.gif

Murl which tie? Vandas are really great. No cappelli in my collection...yet
post #16611 of 37408
These two:



I bought them on B&S in new condition...sent (sold) the brown one to Clags.
post #16612 of 37408

Thanks Cleav!

post #16613 of 37408
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post

Cleav

They are driving on the wrong side of the road!!!

smile.gif

No cappelli in my collection...yet


Not far from Guildford too (England)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

These two:



I bought them on B&S in new condition...sent the brown one to Clags.


Good pick up! Clags a lucky boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

Thanks Cleav!


Anytime bro'
post #16614 of 37408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

This is wonderful. Get this made into a suit, Noodles (BnT). You'll have another awesome suit and your first SC in one shot.


A word of caution. I love the look of navy flannel at the beginning of the day, but it is shows every little thing that sticks to the fabric. You'll need to suit brush it or lint roll it three to four times before days end.
post #16615 of 37408
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post
 
[...]

A word of caution. I love the look of navy flannel at the beginning of the day, but it is shows every little thing that sticks to the fabric. You'll need to suit brush it or lint roll it three to four times before days end.

 

A brush is the way to go.  I'd never use a 'lint roller':   over time they will leave behind an adhesive residue which is one of the main causes of the problem you're describing (and dry cleaning doesn't always remove all of it).

In my experience this is true for all suiting and jacketing fabrics, not just the woolier flannels.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #16616 of 37408

That blue flannel may not be practical, but it is gorgeous!

 

Anyway, gents, it looks like I'll be spending quite a bit of time in Singapore the coming year. So I'm thinking of having a suit or SC made, as it seems there are better options there than here in Jakarta. Since the various Singapore tailors threads seem dead, does anyone here happen to have recent experience with tailors there?

post #16617 of 37408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post

A brush is the way to go.  I'd never use a 'lint roller':   over time they will leave behind an adhesive residue which is one of the main causes of the problem you're describing (and dry cleaning doesn't always remove all of it).


In my experience this is true for all suiting and jacketing fabrics, not just the woolier flannels.

Cheers,

Ac

Agree suit brush is the way to go. Due to the dark color and type of fabric, I find navy flannel is much worse than other suit fabrics in showing off the little items collected throughout the day.
post #16618 of 37408
EFV, I hope you bought that coat because its awesome.


---

I think that I think SuSu looks good on less people than it looks bad on. :/
post #16619 of 37408
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

I think that I think SuSu looks good on less people than it looks bad on. :/

 

I'm beginning to think that I think that what you think might be just what I was thinking.

post #16620 of 37408

Gents--

I know there are other threads for this, but I have been reading through this one for awhile and particularly value the collection of posters here.  Just curious on fit/feedback for the following jacket that came today via eBay.  Maker is Michelangelo, which I understand to be Isaia's "affordable" line.

 

Colors are navy and cream.  Sleeves need shortening; anything else?  I just tried it on over what I was already wearing today.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)