I was happy to own it, but it deserved more love than I ever gave it. Though seeing that pairing makes me wish that I gave it one run with my brown jacket.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:23 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1092post #16366 of 3736512/18/14 at 10:48pmThread Starterpost #16367 of 3736512/18/14 at 10:49pmpost #16368 of 3736512/18/14 at 10:56pmpost #16369 of 3736512/19/14 at 4:31amNothing but love for Sam Hober ties.
I have an interview today and wondering if there are any experienced interviewers here for some solid questions.
I always ask: what are your weaknesses and what are you doing to improve yourself?
Why should we hire you?
Where do you see yourself in three years?
Are you good with excel? If yes, I call IT for a laptop and give a lookup or pivot table problem to solve.
And lastly, if you have an idea where your lost phone is and you know it has been pancaked, do you go back to retrieve the data or so you abandon?post #16370 of 3736512/19/14 at 5:12am
No hate on the Hober. I like the combinations of colors. Still, and this is a matter of taste, I have a preference for less "blocky/chunky stripes". The stripes are nicely integrated in the weave above and accentuate it, but cf.
I prefer the "finer" stripes on the grossa here.post #16371 of 3736512/19/14 at 5:14ampost #16372 of 3736512/19/14 at 5:41ampost #16373 of 3736512/19/14 at 5:42ampost #16374 of 3736512/19/14 at 5:48ampost #16375 of 3736512/19/14 at 5:49am
I don't like the stripes together like that coupled with the texture of it that makes the stripes look splotchy. Yeah, my tastes don't line up with this forum often, but I love striped ties and I'd probably never wear that if someone gave it to me.
I guess it could grow on me, but not now.
I have a striped grenadine that I absolutely love.
Edited by ridethecliche - 12/19/14 at 7:13ampost #16376 of 3736512/19/14 at 5:59amQuote:
Nice! Fabrics are interesting, and the construction looks great, but...
I thought the knots of the 8cm to be rather disappointing, based on pics that I had seen of them (pics were kindly provided by forum member C&A via a PM when he got some from ET and I was considering them too). Claghorn just picked up one. I was hoping the 8.5 cm ones from NMWA might knot better, but no one has posted pics.
How do these knot for you? What's the width of the blade?post #16377 of 3736512/19/14 at 6:07ampost #16378 of 3736512/19/14 at 6:10ampost #16379 of 3736512/19/14 at 6:11am
Noodles, since it's an L, we need a full length. Usually, there are increases in other dimensions when you go from R to L. For example, the shoulders look too big for you in the top two pics but they seem ok in the bottom. You must be standing in a different way.
No R's available? Why not just exchange? If not, don't force it.post #16380 of 3736512/19/14 at 6:16am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 18 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 2 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 9 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL THRIFT/DISCOUNT STORE FIT PIC BRAGGING THREAD 9 minutes ago
- › Iron Heart denim 10 minutes ago
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...