Pliny, "horse blanket" means you don't like I take it...
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:07 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1076post #16127 of 3753612/15/14 at 7:02pmpost #16128 of 3753612/15/14 at 8:20pmpost #16129 of 3753612/15/14 at 8:42pmQuote:
Indeed. That is probably too heavy for 350 days of the year in Texas, especially San Antonio (that's where you are, right?). The scale and colors were the essence of my recommendation.post #16130 of 3753612/15/14 at 9:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
I have a brown silk-wool-linen from B&T. A number of blue linen numbers, obviously. Going to use a combination of Suit Supply and B&T (one a year) going forward.
I like that fabric Butchy. Something along those lines. Warm. But that might be of limited use in Texas. People are still walking around in shorts and tshirts.
Does it have to be a houndstooth? What is your gun club game like?post #16131 of 3753612/15/14 at 9:44pmThread StarterNot a big gun club guy. My next bespoke project will not be blue. Most likely brown wool of some sort. Maybe solid moss. But right now I am contemplating either a blue jacket from Suit Supply or a houndstooth suit (they call it burgundy, but it looks brown to me) from Suit Supply. Now that Havana has lowered its buttoning point a bit, they fit me very well.post #16132 of 3753612/15/14 at 11:56pmpost #16133 of 3753612/16/14 at 12:02ampost #16134 of 3753612/16/14 at 3:29amQuote:
Why? You worried about what might be going on in there?
In actual fact, I've tried various fit poses but the pocket-billiards pose is the only one that doesn't come across all Quasimodo. I simply cannot pull off the Vox robopose because of my physique. I have a mild stoop which rotates my shoulders forward and makes my arms hang funny. I've also got bow legs. These little imperfections don't ruin my life but are mildly irritating when they show up in pix I was planning to post on the net.
Anyway...point taken. I'll try to mix things up a bit more, pose-wise. Especially for you, Butchy. Mwah.Quote:Originally Posted by EliodA
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Me neither, though I used to like this in a distant past...
Oh dear. Another post-new-wave tragick. Don't go telling us now you've got some Père Ubu EPs hidden away somewhere.post #16135 of 3753612/16/14 at 3:47ampost #16136 of 3753612/16/14 at 4:36amTweedy, I'd stay away from patterned fabrics. Not sure how good they are at pattern matching. Don't they have a nice navy donegal?
Also, I'd choose for the widest lapel, 3 roll 2 and patch pocket options, it looks really nice on SuSu jackets. If you want more structured shoulders, why not go for roped ones?post #16137 of 3753612/16/14 at 5:40am
Thanks all, if I proceed, it will be with number 3 the blue herringbone, though given Unbel's thoughts, I'll be sure to see how bright it is against the base jacket which is a true navy. So, blue herringbone and then perhaps the tan donegal.
Quote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
Tweedy, I'd stay away from patterned fabrics. Not sure how good they are at pattern matching. Don't they have a nice navy donegal?
Also, I'd choose for the widest lapel, 3 roll 2 and patch pocket options, it looks really nice on SuSu jackets. If you want more structured shoulders, why not go for roped ones?
Oddly, no navy donegal!?!?
Yes, it would have patch pockets. I might stay with two button though Timotune had a nice 3r2 done. I like the natural shoulder but sometimes it doesn't adequately cover the bumpiness of my shoulder. Here's me in a Formosa on my visit last summer to NMWA where the shoulder structure does smooth out the bumps (lighting sucks, sorry)...this is Noodle's PoW, I think.
Formosa MTO vs SS MTM about 2x difference, though with the nicer fabrics, the difference isn't that great. I think the comparison then would be more like 1.5x at which point, maybe save for the Formosa for patterned fabrics...
I agree with Claghorn that the Havana is actually quite nice now that they have lowered the button stance. It's similar to the pic above of the navy blazer. Problem is that it's still too short for my tastes, but the company might be swinging towards the trends of lower stance, longer jacket and wider lapel. For those of us who need more affordable options, that is a good thing.post #16138 of 3753612/16/14 at 6:52ampost #16139 of 3753612/16/14 at 9:47amThread Starterpost #16140 of 3753612/16/14 at 10:21am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 37 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 56 seconds ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 2 minutes ago
- › OFFERING SERVICE OF Bespoke Neapolitan 5-7-12 fold ties 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...