or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1048

post #15706 of 37396
Butchy - I would totally jive on that... except that I hate jetted pockets on anything short of a dinner jacket.
post #15707 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

Legs used to be a lot bigger in the fall of 2010. I had two back surgeries and haven't been able to lift legs that hard lately. Four years ago I was buying pants 2+ sizes big in the waist so they'd fit my quads. I'm talking about gap khaki's here, so there was no slim fit action going on.

I'm 170 in the second picture, for reference.

I wish I could race track. I used to race with an SRM and my 5sec power was like 1430W at 148 lbs...

 

Now I have to go and check my SRM files! :)    It's unfortunate you can't race track as that's some good watts/kg.

 

Sorry for the digression.   I'm working on getting some better pics so I can dial in on the proper suit size for me.   

post #15708 of 37396

That moment you're packing for an interview and you realize that the pants of your suit magically got a pretty big pull out of nowhere. 

I hadn't noticed this before so I have no idea when it happened, but I guess I'll have to live with it till march/april when interviews are done. Luckily it's on the side of the pants and I doubt anyone will notice unless they're 5 feet away and looking at that exact spot.

Does anyone know what I can do to make it less noticeable? No idea what happened, but a new suit isn't in the cards right now which sucks anyway because the jacket is starting to get too small...

 


FAKKKKKK!!!

post #15709 of 37396

On that note, anyone have any ideas on cheap suits (yoox?) in a slim 42R?

The suit that just got farked is a 41R BBGF and the jacket is starting to get small on me.

Am I overreacting? I could probably live with this for the next few months tbh. I doubt anyone else would really notice anything that looked like anything other than a smudge. Atleast I hope not?

post #15710 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post

Butchy - I would totally jive on that... except that I hate jetted pockets on anything short of a dinner jacket.

I'll let you in on a secret. I've tucked the flaps, so you can imagine flaps and be content. smile.gif

I've found that I don't like flaps on anything.
post #15711 of 37396
Everything is once again congruous. Smashing. Party on, Wayne.
post #15712 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

I'll let you in on a secret. I've tucked the flaps, so you can imagine flaps and be content. smile.gif

I've found that I don't like flaps on anything.

Yikes!
post #15713 of 37396
Does Bond qualify for this thread? It should really just be called the "Big Name Action Movie" thread

New Bond movie is called "SPECTRE"

Christoph Waltz is in it icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Villain?

Mendes is back too

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/12/04/new-james-bond-film-will-be-called-spectre/
post #15714 of 37396
@The Noodles what happened to your craig avatar?
post #15715 of 37396
Haha! Didn't realize yangj was in bare feet. Good job! I might start doing my waywrn in bare feet. Who called me Frodo that one time I was bare feet?

I checked my closet and there were no signs of bugs on my suits and shirts. I guess the cashmere sweater is just fragile.
post #15716 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

That moment you're packing for an interview and you realize that the pants of your suit magically got a pretty big pull out of nowhere. 

I hadn't noticed this before so I have no idea when it happened, but I guess I'll have to live with it till march/april when interviews are done. Luckily it's on the side of the pants and I doubt anyone will notice unless they're 5 feet away and looking at that exact spot.

Does anyone know what I can do to make it less noticeable? No idea what happened, but a new suit isn't in the cards right now which sucks anyway because the jacket is starting to get too small...

 


FAKKKKKK!!!

 

Srs question.

post #15717 of 37396

You_a5cb91_270582.jpg

post #15718 of 37396

I guess I'm going to have to try a reweaving place in boston.

 

http://www.yelp.com/biz/columbo-invisible-reweaving-and-reknitting-boston

 

Edit: Just called the place. I'm going to go there next week after the next two interviews. She said she's running about a month right now and can expedite for an additional cost. I'm going to see how much stuff would cost. I've almost outgrown the jacket but should be able to get my money back if I decide to sell it later so I guess I'll just go for it...


Edited by ridethecliche - 12/4/14 at 11:16am
post #15719 of 37396

Looking for a little GNA about the collar on this Luxire shirt which utilizes the @Betelgeuse collar.  Any thoughts on changes I should make?  Collar height?  Spread?

 

 

 

post #15720 of 37396
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Looking for a little GNA about the collar on this Luxire shirt which utilizes the @Betelgeuse
 collar.  Any thoughts on changes I should make?  Collar height?  Spread?







Mate, FWIW I think the collar looks a wee bit high. That said it could be the angle of your shots.

More importantly, I do like that tie! Who made it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)