That's my other PRL flannel chalkstripe...
BTW, new FC is up.
LOL - I swore it looked like the one!
2nd LOL at the FC! It would be very interesting to see everyone with bow ties! Ha!
I have big holes in my wardrobe collection due to the recent sell offs. That's fine. Here is my plan to restore my wardrobe collection. It may be groundhog day but I will lay out the plan and see how much progress I can make within the next 6 months. Please feel free to comment on the plan. Here is the work in progress list.
1. Plan to acquire within X weeks.Formosa PoW Suit (Click to show)
2. Plan to acquire within 2-4 weeks. Acquired.Formosa Navy Birdseye (Click to show)
3. Plan to acquire in December 2014 Delete.Suit Supply Napoli (Click to show)
4. B&Tailor Suit(s) in March 2015
Sport Coats Maybe a Christmas Present.
5. Waiting to Restock.ROTA Light Grey Trousers (Click to show)
Ties - HOLD
Shirts - HOLD
Shoes - HOLD
So if I follow this plan, I should have 3 Formosa suits, 1 Suit Supply suit, 2 Zegna beater suits, 1 Wedding suit, for a total of 7 suits that I can rotate.
Update on "Groundhog Day."
I have a huge gaping hole in my suits department due to my trigger-happy sell off of my 38R suits. I need more suits but not all can be Formosa suits since they're quite expensive. I guess I should consider Suit Supply or some other less expensive options.
I'll stop by and look. But what he does on a daily basis is like putting a puzzle together.
I guess if you picture it, the herringbone gloves won't go well with a CBD. Bummer.
Honestly, I wouldn't worry *that* much about it.
(1) If it's cold enough to need gloves, it's cold enough to wear an overcoat or topcoat. It's how the gloves work with that, not the suit underneath, that you should think about. I do think they might not be formal enough for, say, a Chesterfield with a contrast collar. But again, that's me.
(2) I assume you won't be wearing them *in* the office, so the only people who will see you wearing them are those who see you arrive or depart.
No particular reason.
Zegna pants have worked out well but I am looking for something much cheaper.
Hmmm...I am having trouble finding a swatch on that.
But I am definitely overloaded on navy. I will puke if I get another navy.
How does the Drago fabric (used in Formosa navy birdseye suits) compare to H&S, LP, etc?
Just curious. Thanks!