Does anyone see the use of light brown/tan shirts? I'm making a list of shirts to get when I go to my first tailor on Black Friday.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1033post #15482 of 3767211/23/14 at 2:47pm
Corset IS NOT the way to go.
And the overly tight jacket is a very Italian thing...made well know by style icon Lino Ieluzzi of Al Bazar Milano...he is covered often at Pitti Uomo, etc...and is know for his very tight fitting pulling double breasted jackets.
some of that guys fits are quite nice...ignoring certain things that I do not like...like his tight fitting jackets, use of waistcoats, pocket square use, etc.post #15483 of 3767211/23/14 at 2:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by rms340
If I'm not mistaken, that picture posted is this guy: http://instagram.com/danielre
He's always pops up on my explore page on Instagram. I think the individual pieces he has are nice, but I'm not a fan of the fit of his jackets, and his overly poofed squares.
That's the guy, has like 160k instagram followers or something, more in to those silly bracelets and things like that that the IG masses seem to love. Probably wears a pinky ring too Wears his stuff extremely tight, as you can see.post #15484 of 3767211/23/14 at 3:03pmQuote:
Echoing jrd, this is great. Really wanting one now too. These two patterns were my favorite of the bunch.post #15485 of 3767211/23/14 at 3:07pmQuote:
160k? That's probably more than the whole of SF... He's up there with the usual crowd of clowns and poseurs: http://www.billionaire.com/mens-fashion/1163/top-ten-italian-mens-style-instagramspost #15486 of 3767211/23/14 at 4:02pm
So, some will recall that I asked if I should keep my Carmina double monks about a month back. You guys convinced me to keep them (especially Cleav) and I pulled them from B&S. Well, I forgot that I listed them on eBay and got a message today that they sold for the Buy it Now price. I priced them pretty low and I am pretty bummed because I planned on keeping them. It sucks, but I have no choice to honor the sale and send them off. Just venting....post #15487 of 3767211/23/14 at 4:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Murlsquirl
So, some will recall that I asked if I should keep my Carmina double monks about a month back. You guys convinced me to keep them (especially Cleav) and I pulled them from B&S. Well, I forgot that I listed them on eBay and got a message today that they sold for the Buy it Now price. I priced them pretty low and I am pretty bummed because I planned on keeping them. It sucks, but I have no choice to honor the sale and send them off. Just venting....
I saw those for sale. Suede correct? They looked great and well taken care off, but I have other priorities.post #15488 of 3767211/23/14 at 4:19pmpost #15489 of 3767211/23/14 at 4:28pmpost #15490 of 3767211/23/14 at 4:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by EliodA
160k? That's probably more than the whole of SF... He's up there with the usual crowd of clowns and poseurs: http://www.billionaire.com/mens-fashion/1163/top-ten-italian-mens-style-instagrams
They forgot #1 Italian Style Icon - Gianni Cerutti of Passagio Cravatte
Does he fit the criteria...
ok..he's in the club now.post #15491 of 3767211/23/14 at 4:30pmpost #15492 of 3767211/23/14 at 4:59pmpost #15493 of 3767211/23/14 at 7:05pm
You don't like the dub monks, SB?
I'm more partial to single monks like these:
Though possibly with something in the toe box to break up that expanse (or one with the empty expanse, one with some broguing or a cap toe). It's the elegant swoop of the strap along parallel to the sole that I find very nice and hard to find in affordable versions.
Murl: condolences. Though as you know better than many of us, at least it's a first world problem.post #15494 of 3767211/23/14 at 7:42pmIso, it occurrs to me that you favor the GQ/tumblr/#menswear look that is pretty much shunned here.
Hence, every time you post a pic of something you like, it gets lots of hate.
SF is not the be all end all of clothing. If you find that through the advice you get here you are more often rejecting what you like in you heart than embracing it, then you should probably do some thinking.post #15495 of 3767211/23/14 at 7:52pmI think most new SF members come from the GQ/Details/Esquire/#menswear school of aesthetics
I know when I first started my journey, I was definitely from that camp. And I remember a young Stitch who wore Z. Couture loafers everyday.
Time lurking of the forum will get rid of that. And reading classic menswear text. Manton's book is a good place to start. Iso, why don't you pick that one up?Quote:Originally Posted by in stitches
Iso, it occurrs to me that you favor the GQ/tumblr/#menswear look that is pretty much shunned here.
Hence, every time you post a pic of something you like, it gets lots of hate.
SF is not the be all end all of clothing. If you find that through the advice you get here you are more often rejecting what you like in you heart than embracing it, then you should probably do some thinking.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › The Look goes on... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 11 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 16 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 17 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Sub-Tropical Laundry Culture Shock Emergency 21 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 31 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 31 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 34 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...