or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 967

post #14491 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post
 

Hey, anyone got guide/page/site recommendation on learning how to do your own alterations and sewing and stuff?

 

I am thinking of taking a course with these people: http://thethriftystitcher.co.uk

 

I'm thinking it will save me a ton of money in the long run.

post #14492 of 37396
I tried to pay Murl via paypal but it appears it failed due to $1,000 charge that went thru on my card today???
post #14493 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

I tried to pay Murl via paypal but it appears it failed due to $1,000 charge that went thru on my card today???

 

Ruh roh.

 

Call card company asap... unless it's your wife out shopping.

post #14494 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssdc View Post

 

- "fast" is over-rated.  It's always more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow

 

 

This is false.

 

When you have a really fast car...it is just as much of a pleasure to drive it very slow. It is like an inside joke you share with yourself. People see it and think it should be going fast...and they know it can go really fast...and you know it is very fast...but you tease them and go soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ssssssllllllllllooooooowwwww...and all they want is to see it go fast...and to hear its engine roar...but you don't let them have that childish satisfaction...

 

And then...when you are tired of this...you can floor it and and upshift 6 gears in amazing speed and go 0-60 in 3 seconds flats...and live out the exhilaration.

 

There is no comparison.

 

 

Another note on speed...

 

It is one thing to go very fast in a straight line...but this is not real speed.

 

Speed is taking a right angle turn at 90 miles per hour and thinking that the car should be ripped from the ground and flip...and yet the drag on the car generated by the cars power and aerodynamics keeps it glued to the ground....and this indeed has made many grown men shit their pants.

post #14495 of 37396

^ Incredible post.

post #14496 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

Motorcycle is only fun until you get thrown off 60 yards. Let's hope it doesn't happen to anyone here.

I was sitting in traffic some years ago and a car bumped into a bike at 5 mph and sent the motorcyclist into judo tumbling. His bike broke into some pieces but he survived without a scratch due to his judo tumbling technoque.

 

i should take up judo then-  I was in a bike accident a couple months ago.  

Banged up my knee (not broken ) and a few other things, but amaze!!!!-  apart from some blood my fav (Fresco) suit was undamaged.   

post #14497 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 

 

I was in a bike accident a couple months ago...my fav (Fresco) suit was undamaged.   

 

This man has his priorities set very straight...

 

:cheers:

post #14498 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


Turn around and run away.

 

I just sewed on braces buttons on a pair of trousers and I'm now changing my blazer buttons to the MoP Inlays I showed earlier. I'd show you guys the jacket but I'm pretty sure you'll hate this RTW piece of crap. Undeniably, though, the buttons will at least improve it from awful to awful but at least has cool looking buttons.

post #14499 of 37396

Does anyone have experience of Avi Rossini gear?-  in this case made by Brioni or St Andrews and a few others.  Malford's selling AR stuff at discount

post #14500 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post

Would you say most? I don't think it's that much. I'd say more do a combo of drive, commuter rail, and red line out of Braintree than take the ferry.

 

I am not actually sure of the % and you are probably right.  I know my friends that do live down there love taking the ferry every day.  

post #14501 of 37396

 

Speed is taking a right angle turn at 90 miles per hour and thinking that the car should be ripped from the ground and flip...and yet the drag on the car generated by the cars power and aerodynamics keeps it glued to the ground....and this indeed has made many grown men shit their pants.

 

I can attest to this...except I did this in high school in a car that was not aerodynamic, did not create the necessary drag, and did not stay glued to the ground.  Car flipped and came to a stop roof side down.  Luckily no one was injured.  I may or may have not shit my pants while dialing the phone to tell my dad I just flipped his car.  

 

I still don't drive slow.  Too boring

post #14502 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssdc View Post

- "fast" is over-rated.  It's always more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow

Just realized I was reading this all wrong. facepalm.gif

But its most fun to drive most fast, be is a slow or fast car. MOAR SPEED!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

I tried to pay Murl via paypal but it appears it failed due to $1,000 charge that went thru on my card today???

Sorry about that, I needed the shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

Another note on speed...
It is one thing to go very fast in a straight line...but this is not real speed.
Speed is taking a right angle turn at 90 miles per hour and thinking that the car should be ripped from the ground and flip...and yet the drag on the car generated by the cars power and aerodynamics keeps it glued to the ground....and this indeed has made many grown men shit their pants.


Truth. I would add to that though. Speed while maneuvering is pretty damn awesome. Coming an inch from something and peeling right or left while accelerating is heart ponding fun.
post #14503 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post

I can attest to this...except I did this in high school in a car that was not aerodynamic, did not create the necessary drag, and did not stay glued to the ground.  Car flipped and came to a stop roof side down.  Luckily no one was injured.  I may or may have not shit my pants while dialing the phone to tell my dad I just flipped his car.  

I still don't drive slow.  Too boring

Holy crap. I have never flipped a car, but I have definitely made turns at speeds not designed for the car I was driving. Good scary fun, but that stupidity is in my past. Now I only do things that are slightly less stupid.
post #14504 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

Does anyone have experience of Avi Rossini gear?-  in this case made by Brioni or St Andrews and a few others.  Malford's selling AR stuff at discount

Paging @SpooPoker!
post #14505 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


Holy crap. I have never flipped a car, but I have definitely made turns at speeds not designed for the car I was driving. Good scary fun, but that stupidity is in my past. Now I only do things that are slightly less stupid.

 

Yes, that is about where I am now.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)