or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 959

post #14371 of 37403

I'm thinking of replacing the dark brown suede valstar that was lost in an unfortunate accident. Should I size up or not?

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Also, this:

 

vs.


Edited by Monkeyface - 10/28/14 at 1:45pm
post #14372 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

I'm thinking of replacing the dark brown suede valstar that was lost in an unfortunate accident. Should I size up or not?


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Seems to be slightly tight in the chest, but looks good everywhere else.

 

Is this Valstar? If yes, where can you buy it in London?

post #14373 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post
 

 

Seems to be slightly tight in the chest, but looks good everywhere else.

 

Is this Valstar? If yes, where can you buy it in London?

 

Yep, valstar. Bought this leather one in NYC, but the other ones are up on Yoox. The sizing is a bit odd, so it's best if you can try one on first. 

post #14374 of 37403
post #14375 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

lurker%5B1%5D.gif
It appears this thread is becoming more productive without me and my picnic attacks. 
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

post #14376 of 37403

My first interview for med school is coming up in about 2.5 weeks. My suit is awesome, but slightly wrinkled. I was going to let the jacket steam in the shower a bit but was wondering if there's a better way.

Should I slash Can I get it pressed somewhere? Where should I go to do this? I don't want them to destroy the thing with too much heat!

post #14377 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

My first interview for med school is coming up in about 2.5 weeks. My suit is awesome, but slightly wrinkled. I was going to let the jacket steam in the shower a bit but was wondering if there's a better way.

Should I slash Can I get it pressed somewhere? Where should I go to do this? I don't want them to destroy the thing with too much heat!

 

Don't steam your jackets, not with a steamer, not in the shower. You can ask a drycleaner to just press it, not clean it.

post #14378 of 37403
The "don't steam your jacket in the shower" advice seems to be one of those SF mantras. Of course, if you let it steam so long that it gets heavy with moisture and loses its shape, it's bad. Otherwise, no harm done if you gently let it steam for a few minutes in the shower.
I'd rather do that than let a dry cleaner ruin my jacket by pressing it completely flat...
post #14379 of 37403
I've heard tailors say it's bad for your jacket, something with ruining the shape of the canvassing?
My drycleaner pressed a beautiful roll in my 3 roll 2 jacket. I just marked it with a pin where I wanted it to roll.
post #14380 of 37403
Any dry cleaner can have a suit pressed and ready in a matter of a few days.
post #14381 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Any dry cleaner can have a suit pressed and ready in a matter of a few days.

I guess it depends on where you live. Over here, any dry cleaner can have a suit pressed and ruined in a matter of a few seconds. wink.gif
post #14382 of 37403
Hahahah. That is true everywhere. But assuming you have a good place you can trust, 2.5 weeks is more than enough time to get a suit pressed. Light press is always best imo, I always tell them that.
post #14383 of 37403

I'm sure I read somewhere (probably on StyFo) that steaming suits in the bathroom is mainly bad for fused jackets, as it can soften the glue and cause separation and a "bubbling" appearance.

post #14384 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

My first interview for med school is coming up in about 2.5 weeks. My suit is awesome, but slightly wrinkled. I was going to let the jacket steam in the shower a bit but was wondering if there's a better way.


Should I slash Can I get it pressed somewhere? Where should I go to do this? I don't want them to destroy the thing with too much heat!

Here you go:

http://www.thefrenchcleaners.com/services.html
post #14385 of 37403
I need them to open up a Baltimore or Chevy Chase location.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)