Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:37 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 947post #14192 of 3749710/24/14 at 9:30ampost #14193 of 3749710/24/14 at 9:31ampost #14194 of 3749710/24/14 at 9:31amQuote:Originally Posted by The Noodles
What have I learned about my wife:
- She has my back no matter what.
- Money or material does not make wife happy.
- A good conversation is worth more to her than money or material.
- Being open and honest is key to a succesful relationship...even if that includes her telling me that I am not good-looking objectively speaking.
- I can lean on her. She's my best friend, biggest supporter.
Is she looking over your shoulder.....?post #14195 of 3749710/24/14 at 9:33ampost #14196 of 3749710/24/14 at 9:33ampost #14197 of 3749710/24/14 at 9:33ampost #14198 of 3749710/24/14 at 9:36ampost #14199 of 3749710/24/14 at 9:37ampost #14200 of 3749710/24/14 at 9:39ampost #14201 of 3749710/24/14 at 9:40ampost #14202 of 3749710/24/14 at 9:41ampost #14203 of 3749710/24/14 at 9:45amI bought awesome black watch, single pleated shorts for my girlfriend, and she loves them. Except she won't wear them when I'm not around, as guys start staring too much apparently. One even started clapping, which crosses the line IMHO.
Now I have to make sure that the clothes I get her are sexy, but not too sexy.post #14204 of 3749710/24/14 at 10:11am
One of my other hobby's is bicycle racing. Regarding bikes we talk about the right number of bikes to have is = to n - 1. n being the number of bikes that causes her to leave you. I guess this applies to suits as well :)
I’ve been married 9 years and we have always shared finances. When we first got married we had two nice salaries and no kids. At that time we discussed only major purchases which for us at that time was anything over $250. The last 4 years have been pretty lean as I left my career to support my wife's career and we had two kids. By necessity we've gotten a little bit better at managing our funds. Now we try to plan most of our purchases. I’m looking forward to this new career as I get to wear suits and have a salary again!
All this ties (pun intended) into my 5 tie budget for this year. Several reasons.... 1) I have many ties that were given to me as Christmas gifts and a handful of ties from tie bar that I picked up a few years ago. 2) I’ve got to educate my wife on why a $50+ tie is better than a $10 tie at Marshalls.
I’m hoping once she sees the quality ties on me she’ll be more willing to let me get more ties this year.
Thanks for the tip to look on eBay and sales. I’ll work to find something equal to my first 5 from Hober. I really don’t want to just buy something on eBay because it was a good price and not a staple I need as I build out my collection.post #14205 of 3749710/24/14 at 10:30amThread StarterRegardless, start with two ties from Hober. A grenadine should definitely be among them if you want to impress upon your wife the qualities of a fine tie. A second might be:
I asked my wife to go through my Hobers and tell me what would impress her most knowing little of ties (excluding grenadine, which is the obvious choice). She chose a linen and an oxford.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 35 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 41 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford Suit - Filleted and Gutted 6 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...