Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:45 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 882post #13217 of 3766210/12/14 at 4:13pmpost #13218 of 3766210/12/14 at 4:13pmQuote:Yes. It is definitely warmer.
Blue plaid vs navy birdseye.post #13219 of 3766210/12/14 at 4:17pmBirdseye, by contrast, is a hardy fabric that holds up very well. Mr. Field likes it as well:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/308386/an-interview-with-william-p-field-ii-of-field-english-custom-tailorspost #13220 of 3766210/12/14 at 4:21pmExcerpt from unbelragazzo's interview with Mr. Field.
Narrows my options. Thx again.
What's your favorite fabric to work with?
Obviously, wool – 100% wool. For a mill, Lesser. The weave, I'd say birdseye. Birdseye performs so well over the years. Occasionally you get little pulls or something, but it's a very long-lasting fabric. It hangs well, doesn't wrinkle too much, and has natural give to it.
On a aide note, Mr.Field did say the Blue Plaid Formosa suit is very nice. Just piling on where unnecessary.
Edited by The Noodles - 10/12/14 at 4:34pmpost #13221 of 3766210/12/14 at 4:28pmpost #13222 of 3766210/12/14 at 4:32pmpost #13223 of 3766210/12/14 at 4:35pmpost #13224 of 3766210/12/14 at 4:36pmpost #13225 of 3766210/12/14 at 4:39pmpost #13226 of 3766210/12/14 at 4:41pmpost #13227 of 3766210/12/14 at 4:42pmpost #13228 of 3766210/12/14 at 4:47pmpost #13229 of 3766210/12/14 at 4:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by The Noodles
Fudge. The person that I live with thinks the Formosa suits look retro, especially due to the wide lapels. Don't care. I luv its bawse look.
Welcome back. Hope to see you more here since you started this thread
Aight. This suit that I got thru a trade. The person that I live with thinks I look like a grandpa in this and think I should just give it away. We talk a lot about fashion since she does have good taste. But I am starting to tune her out when she starts talking menswear (suits). Anyhow, I googled grey chalkstripe suits and the images dont look all that great. Anyone seen something like this done well?
- Your appearance is sleek (slim, despite your periodic weight concerns) and high contrast (black hair and fair skin) which is why dark solids are very flattering on you.
- In contrast, SeaJen's chalk strip suit appears darker than your's in the pictures above (p879).
- So, it doesn't surprise me that others (including she who lives at home) don't find your above chalk stripe very flattering on you, compared to your other purchases.
- Alternatively, a darker shade of grey like SeaJen's (p879) or a pin stripe on mid night blue etc might be more flattering on you.
- Anyway, I think you need to be careful when experimenting with more muted and non-sleek fabrics, as they may not gel well with your high contrast and sleek appearance.
- While I'm not Asian myself, I do share your high contrast appearance too and have similar fabric selection issues. Just my 2 cents worth.post #13230 of 3766210/12/14 at 4:59pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 41 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...