or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 89

post #1321 of 37394
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Trinny & Susannah! If they couldn't bully/shame him into wearing decent clothing, no one could.

Who we talking about there?
post #1322 of 37394
Thread Starter 

I just want to say that if this thread makes it past 100 pages, it'll be a first for any thread I've ever started.

post #1323 of 37394
Oh, I can make that happen but I will stop myself from turning this into my journal.

I agree with HF and Clagster about showing generosity to NM for what they did for me. BUT, I will not do that because I don't want to pay premium prices anymore.
post #1324 of 37394

It'll probably get there before the end of the day, definitely by the end of the week.

 

So I didn't seek the councils advice prior, but I kopped Spoos RLPL Suit.  It's Navy which I have one (Stafford Cheapo) at the moment which is just taking up space and I like the way the RL one looks.  I hope I didn't miss something about it and fail the council...  

 

 

Pic (Click to show)
post #1325 of 37394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

I just want to say that if this thread makes it past 100 pages, it'll be a first for any thread I've ever started.


this thread has potential to be a running thread for years.
post #1326 of 37394
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post
 

It'll probably get there before the end of the day, definitely by the end of the week.

 

So I didn't seek the councils advice prior, but I kopped Spoos RLPL Suit.  It's Navy which I have one (Stafford Cheapo) at the moment which is just taking up space and I like the way the RL one looks.  I hope I didn't miss something about it and fail the council...  

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Pic (Click to show)
 

Looks ok but you'll need to try it on to be sure. Fingers crossed (and am trying out my Spoiler skills).

post #1327 of 37394
Doodals, I'm not familiar with the retailer you speak of so sorry if this won't work.

I would look to have the conversation with the right person there and say you are impressed by their service and friends and confidants of yours are too. You would like to repay their generosity by purchasing from them again and would like to do so at more competitive prices. You will also be quite pleased to tell your 'loyal followers' of their continued high standard of service.

Credit where it is due, they have supported you. Give them the opportunity to reap what they have…

Tuppence... (2 cents...)
post #1328 of 37394
As long as I do dumb $hit like buying ugly suits and ties from NM or other places, this thread will last a long time.

But in all seriousness, people will come here for one-on-one advice and will not be put down or be treated in a hostile manner. Shoot, I probably the dumbest one here but I dont get made fun of...at least not in front of me.
post #1329 of 37394
Professor Cleavage,
I shall consider if they have a solid mid grey staple suit with low buttoning and a notch lapel.
post #1330 of 37394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

...people will come here for one-on-one advice and will not be put down or be treated in a hostile manner.

Seen this thread pop up a few times recently. Didn't get the title. Didn't get the context. Figured I'd venture in to see what was going on. Given the above, it may be best if I stop before starting...
post #1331 of 37394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Doodals, I'm not familiar with the retailer you speak of so sorry if this won't work.

I would look to have the conversation with the right person there and say you are impressed by their service and friends and confidants of yours are too. You would like to repay their generosity by purchasing from them again and would like to do so at more competitive prices. You will also be quite pleased to tell your 'loyal followers' of their continued high standard of service.

Credit where it is due, they have supported you. Give them the opportunity to reap what they have…

Tuppence... (2 cents...)

I second this.  As much as I hate to mention my ex who worked at NM, the sales assoc who handles refunds has their bottom line deducted from returns even if it's a different person.  So whoever is taking care of your return, try and take care of them because they just made -20% off your transaction.  That's how it was in the makeup dept. anyway.  

post #1332 of 37394
as an aside, i harbor no hate towards NM. i have got plenty of good stuff from them, and bagfuls from LCNM. the prices are high at full MSRP, but there is always good stuff, you just have be selective with what you buy.

and as i have always said, if you can afford MSRP, and if you are getting something good, there is nothing wrong with that. if no one paid full retail all these stores would go bust and many of the goods we like would no longer be available to us.

and GIANT lol @ a single consumer telling someone at NM that their prices are too high/not competitive. thats a great way to get laughed out and never serviced again. their prices are what they are and they obviously get it often enough to not change it.
post #1333 of 37394
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

Seen this thread pop up a few times recently. Didn't get the title. Didn't get the context. Figured I'd venture in to see what was going on. Given the above, it may be best if I stop before starting...

I've seen you be helpful in a good natured way. Perhaps an off day for you?
post #1334 of 37394
Was more of a joke, really. Though I can be blunt at times. I'm more lost with the purpose of the thread. Seems like a conglomeration of WAYWRN, Ask a Question, MC General Chat, and "Should I Buy," but only for the few people who were around to start the joke. I don't do much hanging out in WAYWRN these days, however, so my perception may be skewed.

A "lurk moar" is in order, I suppose.
post #1335 of 37394
bb is good peeps, he should play along.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)