Lets hope it looks all good when I put it on. I wish I can buy a lot of things including navy ties but these days I feel like I am raising a little girl. She wants this and that and I just cant say no. I am pushover.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:03 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 851post #12752 of 3767210/3/14 at 3:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by The Noodles
Kopped (Click to show)
Thanks again to the secret council of Noodlists for all the feedback.
I believe this is a good trade because anything is better than a black suit that's been hanging in my office collecting dust.
I will need to work on the roll to 2 to create 3r2.
Thanks again, y'all.
RL Blue Label 40R suit. Cornelininineii
I have a PRL by Corneliani 95/5 too and it's pretty darn sweet. Except mine has a nice 3/2 roll. Have a feeling your might have been pressed into a hard 3?post #12753 of 3767210/3/14 at 3:33pmpost #12754 of 3767210/3/14 at 5:50pmpost #12755 of 3767210/3/14 at 6:19pmpost #12756 of 3767210/3/14 at 6:31pmpost #12757 of 3767210/3/14 at 6:35pmpost #12758 of 3767210/3/14 at 6:42pmpost #12759 of 3767210/3/14 at 6:47pmQuote:
They're only problematic if you believe that black = formal. Black pennies with jeans, white shirt, and black leather jacket is a pretty classic look. Not my thing, but it can look great.post #12760 of 3767210/3/14 at 6:49pmpost #12761 of 3767210/3/14 at 6:54pmpost #12762 of 3767210/3/14 at 7:03pmQuote:
Sure, I think black can look okay in casual fits (especially more streetwearesque stuff), but in that case I feel like there are other boots?
If anything I'd rather get black suede or something, I think that can look quite neat and have good texture for those kinds of fit, if not that then boots, various kinds of them, give me interesting detail to make it look at home. Heck even monks would be better then. Loafers just have such a preppy feel to them that almost begs to be tan or brown, and doesn't seem to go well with that kind of more urban/street look. Thoughts?
As for grey trousers, surely then oxblood would be better or at least as good? Seems like an extremely inversatile shoe.post #12763 of 3767210/3/14 at 7:21pmpost #12764 of 3767210/3/14 at 7:23pmQuote:
They're good in London. Black shoes are a requirement for many professions, but it doesn't stipulate what type of shoes you have to wear. You see lots of black penny and tassel loafers on casual Fridays, or with guys who wear chinos to work. It's a casual shoe for a business casual outfit, but it still adheres to the black shoes rule.
I'm actually looking to pick up some black loafers, except I want mine to be navy shell. It still looks like black most of the times, but in a certain light you'll see that flash of navy. Carmina had a beautiful full strap navy shell loafer, and I'm hoping they'll bring it back soon.post #12765 of 3767210/3/14 at 7:37pm
I think they're not very useful. Black norwegian style loafers strike me as totally weird. I can imagine wearing black tassel loafers with a navy blazer and gray trousers in the evening. But even then, I think black monks or even gusseted slip-ons would be better. Gucci horsebit loafers are not for me, but like white oxfords, they have their own special place.
I support black suede, especially in monk form. I think that's a very sophisticated, semi casual evening shoe.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 6 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 7 minutes ago
- › THE EUROPEAN THRIFT BUY /SELL / TRADE / WANT THREAD 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...